Page 149 of 443 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 4426

Thread: What You Look Like Thread!

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Delphinus:

I've worked as a retail supervisor for GNC for 6 years. Been sent to GNC Singapore and GNC International HQ at Ft.Lauderdale Florida for training in both suppliments and health. I have supervised the set up and running of 2 GNC stores in my country.

Okay you're not the first person to want to start out big and you're not the last. Many people who gets into fitness wants to take the best stuff and do the best workout so they can get the maximum effectiveness.

Thing is you gotta be realistic in your goals. If you're planning on going for, say, Ironman Bodybuilding Competition 2013 then I'm gonna say you don't have enough time to build enough muscle to compete.

If you're planning to just get some mass then yes, that's achievable.

Then you gotta decide. What kind of muscle mass? Lean muscle? Bulky muscle? Huge OMG muscles?

From there you can plan your supplements, your workout routine and move on step by step.

Lean Muscle:- You only need basic resistance training/workouts and proteion supplements. Remember to take enough protein for recovery. Amino acids esp L-Glutaimine is good for recovery. If you want to step it up a notch. Then take creatine but be careful not to overdose. Many athletes wants bigger better and faster which leads to many health complications. Also to take enough rest between your workouts. Rest is also important for your muscles to rebuild and recover enough to make most of the next work out. Work on free weights and do cardio.

Bulky/bigger muscles:- You would need to do a 'loading' phase before anything else. This means eat carbs or take 'weight gainers'. You also continue to do resistance training while loading up on size. Once you've reached the target size then you do the ' cutting' phase. Which means you take stuff like hydroxycut or other thermogenics. You also need some water retention preventive pills to really cut and shape your body nicely. During the 'cutting' phase you will need to continue on your protien to ensure you don't lose muscle mass. Don't pay any attention to your weight. 1 pound of muscle is 5 times smaller than 1 pound of fat. (just go to a bucher and ask to compare animal muscle meat and animal fat. you can see the huge difference). Again amino acids and creatine during your 'cutting' phase would help a lot. Also rest well between workouts. This is really important.

Huge OMG Muscles:- You need a professional trainer and nutritionist to guide you along for this and I'm talking about good ones. This will take a lot of money, time and dedication.

GYM or No GYM? Again this depends on your goal. Yes, gym machines are helpful in targeting specific areas of the body during a work out and are really easy to use sometimes but you have to consider sharing them with others and waiting in line. If your goal is just basic fitness then it's not really necessary. Same goes with supplements. Unless you're willing to put some money into this, you're gonna have to take it slow. Check out and research on 'old school' body building methods. They work slowly but they are tried and tested and mostly cheap.

Why do you think the ppl like those in the army and marines are so fit and yet they don't do their training all day long in gyms and instead they do things like run laps and push ups? Cuz these basic training techniques works! So although GYM machines are good but don't diss the basic workouts either. Both would get you results DEPENDING on what kind of GOAL YOU ARE AIMING.

As usual before you start any training routine or supplements please consult a doctor first to give you an all clear / green light.

You can also cut down on the protein supplements if you have gout or high levels of uric acid. If you do then you also have to cut down on your meat intake. Take supplements like Bromelain and Celery seeds.

WARNING: Do stay away from drug enhancements and steriods. I have a customer who use to be a body building champ but now is only a guy with a pot belly bearing a 15 inch operation scar. He has had a part of his intestine taken out and goes on regular dialysis cuz his liver is failing. He used to be a regular steriod popper.

Note: Sorry for the long post. Actually I had more I wanted to type but decided not to cuz it's too long. I wanted to send it to you as a msg but for some reason I couldn't send it. Oh well. Cheers!
    Last edited by Lady_Knife; 10-29-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Learn how to do this.

you'll gain a lot of muscle and (more importantly) strength. and you'll be a lot cooler than you are now.

Basically, just eat oats and do squats.

Also, so anyway, what do you guys look like? Am I in the right thread here?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Why yes, yes you are.

That looks like that's the first time you've ever seen a PSP

I am unimpressed.

THis is how i looked yesterday....

And this is how i look today.....

.........................it seems i had more self-esteem yesterday(for i wouldn't do such a face) Also first time i shaved in my life
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Hey bro, I want your tv.

You cant mang .........................................its in my room..........over my PS3.........that is next to my PC...........that can run Crysis on high..but can't run ninja blade on low........
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

loool *my laptop runs everything and anything at ultra*
    Also, fine. Could you gimme the tv with the PS3 then?