Page 148 of 443 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 4427

Thread: What You Look Like Thread!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    I'm new to this whole 'caring about your appearance' thing.
    Contradiction of the year, called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    eat fast food, stay at home, skip P.E.
    Hurr. Gain muscle, not fat.

EDIT: @Gunz There's a difference between being paranoid about your appearance and trying to improve it
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Go to GNC. I'm not sure what exactly to pick up but they have some stuff there that can help you out with building up muscle mass. Of course, I'm sure you will have to work out.

Eh, I'm aware of the numerous supplements you can get, it's just exercise regimes that bug me. There aren't really any gyms near to me, and besides I have a terrible fear of heading into a gym and making myself look stupid by being the one guy weighing under 150lb in the place. But maybe I should bite the bullet and just do it, as some people seem to be fond of saying.

My boyfriend's putting on some good muscle (he was a really scrawny guy just a while back,) and all he does is push ups, sit ups, and lifting a few 35 lbs weights here at home. You can do it without a gym. I hate exercising in public...where people can see and give me odd looks (I look ridiculous at gyms.)
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Eh, I'm aware of the numerous supplements you can get, it's just exercise regimes that bug me. There aren't really any gyms near to me, and besides I have a terrible fear of heading into a gym and making myself look stupid by being the one guy weighing under 150lb in the place. But maybe I should bite the bullet and just do it, as some people seem to be fond of saying.
    ya no1 will pay attention to you there unless you're on the machine they want to use

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Dragon: Thanks. It's the only winter hats that fits my head anymore because of my dreadlocks. D: That's one of the only things that I miss about having straight hair.

Sylux: Haha, no, I didn't make it myself. I can knit, but I am very, very poor at it. I paid someone to make it for me. (Money makes the world go round~) I might commission them again to make me another one in different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    ya no1 will pay attention to you there unless you're on the machine they want to use
    Cake you are the fucking man. Easy to forget that grown men don't act like jerkass 14-year-olds (sports lessons, ow).#

EDIT: Also Blue_Dragon, while I'm aware it can be done without a gym, I gather that gym machines are a lot more efficient than what're known as bodyweight exercises. I've been doing research, and it does seem like the best response is pretty much to man up, grab some protein shakes, and hit the gym. Will probably talk to some friends who are already into the fitness stuff.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 10-27-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Use freeweights, they're better for you I've heard (probably a bluff) and make you feel cooler imo

To be honest, if you can afford a personal trainer, do it. I currently have a personal trainer for free because he's doing this for a sort of senior project. If they don't make you want to cry from working out, then they aren't working you hard enough. You'll start gaining muscle weight if you have enough protien in your diet.