Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter the den of a Serb.

I think you need some cast shadows and more hard highlights to make things pop... like the girl what looks like should be leather.. it should be shiny... you have base shadowing down.. but cast shadows and contrasting highlights will add another level of depth to your work.. good stuff by the way.. loving the designs

Ok so:
    -Thinner legs
    -Slender-er fingers
    -Hair-line needs to ''fit'' the head more
    -And something about ''cast shadows'' -v-'
    I understood the part about contrasting highlights but im not sure on what you mean by ''cast shadows'' May i ask for an explanation...also thanks for the compliment Ego Good to know that the guy with the (nuttiest ) greatest imagination on MT is liking my designs

Sly, ScarletHue and Cloudy Thanks for commenting and stopping by

Started the 25 expressions thing so that i can work out my characters like it so far.

-.-' since its compressed....you can zoom in by holding ctrl and scrolling in ot out on your mouse-scroll-er. So tell me whadda ya think? I know they are just sketches...but still.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Hey no problem mannn... A cast shadow is like that part at the hip of the girl in black... where the costume leaves a little shadow like that.. that's what I mean..

Awesome practice sketch thing.. hmm.. do you ever take your finished work and look at it in black and white on a full gray scale? Or do you build up from a gray scale.. in either case it's good to use a gray scale basis to get the shadow light and mid-tones more exciting and to pop!
    Last edited by Egoslip; 04-17-2012 at 02:04 PM.

This is the first time I've seen anyone include body language in the expression chart. A great idea, too, because body language is essential in getting a believable expression across.

On an unrelated note, there are a lot of smileys on this page.

so cast shadows are actually shadows with harder/sharper edges right?
    As for the grey-scale.........i never used it.........i tried once or twice....but never as a sketch or anything like that..... -v-'

@matt I saw a lot of posts on dA that had body languages included... so i kinda feel bad now -v-'

Also
    yeah matt there is a looooooot of smileys....
    SPOILER! :

FEAR MY ARMY!!!
    I couldn't resist......
    Last edited by Gedeon; 04-17-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Problem?
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

MWAHAHAHAA!!! DOUBLE POST!!!

Sorry but this is a really important post i SWEAR!!!
    Anyways there is an event happening in a couple of months and its called ''Artist alley'' I doubt you give a shizz but its about promoting Japanese culture and artists in whatever medium they are god at. You can send pics of your works and if they like it ( there is a really high chance that they will approve since the criteria is very low and its basically about ''promoting artists'') you can get a counter for one day-1500din approximately 20$, or two days-2000din/25$. You get counter and you can sell whatever you want as long as you've made it/drew it/ knitted it. So im doing some stuff that i might sell there for a dollar or two, and its your job to tell me is it worth it or should i shove the drawings up my egotistical ass....

So since im planing on selling it i started with some mainstream stuff...

So...buy or no buy? Im not sure what are all the paper sizes -u-' but i'm gonn try and print it a size bigger then A4
    Problem?

if you changed "wich" to "which" it would be a good print. otherwise cool ninetails.

Problem?

Who Wiches the Wichmen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    if you changed "wich" to "which" it would be a good print. otherwise cool ninetails.
    Also "anagers"? But the drawing is pretty awesome Ged