Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter the den of a Serb.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Crazy details dude. But that's what you get for focusing on details too much. I've read somewhere someone wrote when it's good to look into details, don't go too nuts over it cuz when you zoom out and look at the overall pic it would/might look out of place or not noticeable at all. I like going into details a lot so yeah, it drives me gaga whenever the end result isn't what I like. D:

I liked what Iccy told me to do. First do some thumbnails (poses, costume, bg, stuff) and see if it works. Then blow it up, clean clean, fill it wil some details, blow it up some more, clean clean some more and fill it up with more details. This is the same for colouring as well.

Like Nisaren said, try to avoid the dodge, smudge, blur, burn, soft brush unless you really need them for some minor stuff but I found best to use is solid brushes, colour with different hue, saturation and opacity. But I'm still learning as well and I found tutorials and youtube to be a real big help.

Phew, hope that load of stuff I said helps. Cheers!

Yoda power that mede me lol

THANKS peeps!

Lady knife: Ok......could you clarify the BOOM part for me....^-^' did you mean erase..Also thanks for the tip for details, but sadly ill have to finish this one as it is....-__-'with no clear details.....

Andr3ytp: Thanks to you too! I love making peapol laugh!

So here is the flat coloring.......of the Apoc and his friends only.......im doing thee bg now...-v- i know....im unorganized........

so any thoughts about what should i put as a bg would help! ^W^
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Dude... you have some crazy ideas and stuff going on in your head. I like the main character's clothes and the colors you used for it. I also love how you always add perspective, so you pics are never boring even with simple poses. I have to say though, there is one thing that bugs me. I understand this is probably a unique style choice but....I just cant relate to most of your hair styles....like the main character for example. I understand when it comes to manga and anime, most hair styles are crazy and out there, but they all tend to have a certain "order" and "flow" to them. for me, most of the hair styles just don't add up. theres just too much going on for one dew. IDK....thats just my personal opinion and it doesn't mean much, but I thought I should say it :/ Cant wait to see this finnished though.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    THANKS peeps!

Lady knife: Ok......could you clarify the BOOM part for me....^-^' did you mean erase..Also thanks for the tip for details, but sadly ill have to finish this one as it is....-__-'with no clear details.....
    What I meant was to draw a small one first, then increase the image side (make the pic bigger), do clean up work with erase (making stuff look tidy, nice, neat, etc) and then add the details. Then increase the size even bigger if you want to add more smaller detail on the piece.

WELL HERE IT IS!!

WELL what do you think!? i like it! Sorry NWAP but the awkward hair stays..^-^' it kinda plays a critical role later in the story, but ill keep in mind what you said about the hair with other charas that are in 'MAKING" part. I may even start drawing hair differently so who knows how will it end up.
    Problem?
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I didn't read through all the stuff or what this is connected to. So I'm just gonna comment on the final look.
    I think it's pretty cool you took the effort and time to throw in a bunch of characters, background, do the line work and colors. That's a lot. Although the composition is a bit cluttered due to some factors.
    There are so many characters shown here that the background just fades away and it becomes a mass of faces.
    Maybe you should focus on the main character more next round?

Speaking of main character, I assume he's the guy in the middle-ish area.
    Looks awesome, the detail on his suit is sick, and the anatomy is pretty good.
    There are still a few flaws here and there, mostly around the arms, legs and chest area.

But yea, enough nit-picking. Pic looks sick bro, I don't think I've commented here before xD but thumbs up.

Hey bro,

It's been a while but I did two articles that may interest you in learning how to color a bit better. The first is utilizing clipping masks:

http://www.2d-digital-art-guide.com/clipping-mask.html

The second article focuses on using layer styles to get the proper colors:

http://www.2d-digital-art-guide.com/...er-styles.html

When combined, you can get really nice results by turning this:

to this:

Cheers,

Sonny.
    Last edited by Sonny; 05-07-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Hellos guys me again.....well who else -_- Urm heres some line-art stuff i want to enter an event! Also
    GunZet:.......you actually posted here O.O............................YAAAAAAAY!!!! Thanks bro i think that i made the torso a bit too long but do tell whats wrong with them hands and legs.

Sonny: Hey long time no see...erm...writ...or whatever anyhows thanks for the tutorial. it never came to my mind to use photoshops layers settings and effects....i dont use as many layers for all that stuff -v-' also i use a lot of line-art so the painting thing might be a little tough to mix with what im dong but itll work somehow. Thanks!!!

And heres the lineart!
    there's no background cuz they need a char only drawing
    Problem?

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Edit: I am ashamed.
    Last edited by indescribable; 05-22-2011 at 01:35 AM.