Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter the den of a Serb.

Used too many... and got lost in them. -_-' About 5-7 layers. As you can see on the first pic the redhead on the left has her upper hair mixed with the colour of the aliens coat, and the blue angel has the colour of the hair and wings as same as the background! Ah... oh well...oh and what should happen when i press >View>Proof Colors. Cuz im not sure what happens...actualy nothing happens(that i know that is... O.o)

So you using color to separate layer.Its more simple, but you got lost in them whereas Me got hard for editing. So I prefer separate layer by its object, its more complicated but it can be simplified by grouping its layer(ex:OC 01, OC 02), believe me its more easy to edit and not to get lost as long as you can named its layers properly. But it end up with more than 100 layer. Hehehe XD

Proof Colors is use to correcting color on "viewport", in my case my viewport show white color as old-paper-color and other color become dull, after I click "proof colors" the colors showed as it is was (right colors)
    Last edited by Reset; 02-27-2011 at 11:59 PM.

THANKS EVERYBODY, almost evrything you guys said helped!!! Reset thanks for the Poof! colour thing, i call it Poof instead proof it helped a lot in the second pic, Rio thanks for the tutorials, especialy the How to rip paletse! THAT ONE IS AWSOME, but i kinda couldn't use it for the first pic but the second looks much better beucouse of it! Renzo and Ilustrate me thanks for the heads up... i always tend to draw the hands smaller....-_-' have no idia why...illustrateMe i actualy never EVER drew bg first O.O (im a retard, thats probably the reason) And dikka thanks for saying that i should be more free with colours and put more of them!!!! And this is the what came out:

for this one i got a bit messy but as i said my PS 5 didn't want to colaborate until i made him legal.....mwahahah yeah right like wed have money for my little artistic dreams.. any way its a bit messed up ecxuse me...

And this one i realy like all your comments helped! THANKS AGAIN!!!

Pleas do comment the erlyer ones realy helped so im thinking the new ones waill suely help too!! OOOOH I JUST REALISED I LEFT THE HAIR IN THE SECCOND ONE UNFINISHED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!.....darn...
    Last edited by Gedeon; 03-03-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I'm glad that can help you.

Hmmm, about the first pic above I think you must enlarge gun snout. its look flat bro

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ Gedeon
    I really liked the colors in your second piece. When coloring in a painterly manner, you should try blending the transitions between the base color and the shade (or highlight) by using the blur tool. That way, you get a more seamless transition and not a glaringly obvious shift in colors. It also makes your coloring look nicer.

@ Reset
    You should use the folder in the layers window. It'll help you organize some more.

@Rio
    Yup, what I mean by grouping layer is using folder too. But name of layer or group folder (of layer) might named properly cuz sometimes there is a layer in (let's say) group A who one level below layer group B which group A is one level above group B. So this layer must be out of folder group A.

Hello Gedeon,

In addition to what other people have mentioned, I am going to suggest one critical piece of the puzzle that I think will help you out immensely: you need to use the proper brush type!

From all your paintings, I can tell you're using a soft round brush. When you are blocking in form, the best type of brushes to use are square/rectangular hard chalk brushes. If you're using Photoshop, hover over the default brush types and look for the chalk brush.

The second thing is you need to set this brush on 'other dynamics' and set the opacity jitter to pen pressure. This is all you really need.

With your non dominant drawing hand, place it on the [ and the ] keys on your keyboard to change the size of the brush as you paint.

For techniques, you should be blocking in large clumps of color and then changing the brush sizes as you work on the details. If your objects are already a solid object, turn the transparency option on so you don't color out of its boundaries.

Now, if you're wondering when you should use round brushes, the best time would be after you have finished blocking in form and details. Set the round brush to a huge one and gently glaze over sections to unify the colors.

Even before doing this, you can use the smudge brush with the round brush head to further combine the colors created from each blocked in texture.

There's a better explanation through one of my tutorials located at http://www.2d-digital-art-guide.com/...g-brushes.html

Pay extra attention to section 2 of it. All those types of textures were done with the same chalk brush head.

Try this out and let me know how it turns out for you.
    Last edited by Sonny; 03-07-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I really like the way you use perspective in your work. However, one thing that I notice about your color choices is that they are extremely saturated and stay very true to the base hue when you shade. For instance, when you color blonde hair, try to use a softer, more desaturated tan-yellow and try shading with browns and mauves, even. Shading with different hues than your base colors brings life to your work and also tones down the artificial brightness that it can sometimes have.

Hey Gedeon I really like your poses and concepts that come up with for characters. The only thing I can really point out that haven't been already said is that on the first picture on this page. The girls fingers seem a little manly. Like her fingers are too fat or something. Other than that keep up the good work. I see a very promising artist in the making.

Gues whos back back again...im gonna stop now ...erhmm... I FINALY DREW SOMETHINGIN PS% THAT DOESNT LOOK LIKE C%#P !!! YAY!!!! I have a tough tim dealing with tablet drawing and thats the exuse for not having too many details here...so please forgive me for
    1.) Sloopines
    2.)Bad and unrecognizebel face
    3.) Running away from sceary bg
    well here it goes! C&C the HELL out of this one....but please keep in mind this is my first...

soooooo? oh and sory for the bad spelling!

Ok a new one that i realy like...although it doesnt look like the girls i usualy draw...im in a middle of a style criseis .... i drew tham so many times yet i cant deciede how they look the best...(or less worse....) im sory for the woobly lines and holes in the colours but i think that im actualy .....realy...even if its just a little ......improoving... btw sonny i CANT SHRINK MY BRUSH WITH NUMBERS oxo!!!! ...how do i do it....also couldnt find the chalk brush in the defult brushes.....^-^' yeah im preaty hopeless..
    Last edited by Gedeon; 03-26-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.