Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Enter the den of a Serb.

Hurk. No comments on that last awesome image? Fixification required.

Extra lovely considering that it's only in blue and white. I love the face in particular, and in combo with that outfit, she definitely has character.

Critiques... Maybe some weird stuff going on with her left side? It seems like her upper left arm needs to be bigger, and the left thigh should really be -way- bigger considering the angle that those abs are at...

Keep it up, anyhow, duderino.

Very cool use of blue. However, there are some problems. The most obvious is that her torso is very weird. It looks like you're trying to give her 4pack abs, but they're really long. Look at this:

Now, another problem is something that I've been noticing a lot with your artwork. You seem to get into the drawing, but then later on you start to get lazy, then slap in some stuff, add some type of background using some textures/brush/patterns or scribble something and you're done.

For example, with your samurai champloo piece. You work hard on the character, but then you end up kind of scribbling in a background that takes you five minutes

More examples:
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/...za/Suzzete.jpg
    (also I just saw the second version of the background, however it still kind of applies)
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/...edza/Fenn2.jpg
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/...nogoblolje.jpg
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/...PAINTBITCH.jpg
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/...dza/Amazon.jpg
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/...fterpartty.jpg

I honestly think your art would be so much better if you spent more time on your backgrounds. I understand you're just drawing the characters, but forizzles. Also mixing the 100% opacity hard round brush with the soft round brush like that is not a good idea!! It really takes away from the feel of the image, and makes the drawing look even more unfinished.

-Reg: Thanks man...also after further inspection i admit of screwing up the left upper arm...although im not sure for the legs. Still thanks for critiquing man

-Toast: First THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING TIME TO MAKE A GREAT CRITIQUE!!!... Second yes i screwed up the abs pretty good....for some reason i rarely use references... i always overestimate myself, thinking that i have grown past the references....Hahaaa....im an arrogant prick it seems. And third...i know how much i need to do bgs....but i am so LAZY....almost every time i decide to do backgrounds it is some major piece im trying to do...but hey ill try and do more fro now on...thanks again girl for a good critique.

Now for the juicy part!

100 theme challenge go!!!

Catboy/girl..... i think it wasnt meant to be interperated like this but this is my cat-guy!!
    SPOILER! :

Blacksad is tha bitch!!! ....i really like Juanjo Guarnidos style....his man-animals are awesomly done!

next... NINJA
    SPOILER! :
    i like it as a quick lazy sketch.

after that ...SAMURAI....champloo
    SPOILER! :

Trying to do more bgs...and eventually ...when i gather the will...ill do a REAL bg...

and my favourite ... sexy NURSES
    SPOILER! :
    ive just noticed i really fudged up the hands again....ill need to do some practice runs with hands... and ill admit i didnt do the bg here...i just wanted to draw sexy stuff....

so....whadda ya think??
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I think that your ideas are really cool, and you make good decisions for your placements. However, I find that your marks seem hurried and unfocused. I'm not a fast drawer or painter, but I believe that the key to being a fast painter is not to make as many strokes per second as possible, but to make as few unnecessary strokes as possible. A cool exercise to learn what lines are most important is to take a ref or still life and limit the number of strokes you are allowed to use. For example, put a block or cube in front of you and try to draw it with three lines.

I think your catboy is a really cool interpretation of the theme

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    I enjoys ur artz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

@Rubi- OK..i admit that i just doodled and it came to be that. But yeah as you stated the thing about fast drawing is as little lines as possible, and i did the completely opposite... gonna try it as an exercise sometimes. Thanks for commenting man.

@Alman-Glad you do

So im back again!!! Unfortunatly for you! Now i have 18 years! And thats mostly the reason i didn't draw as much. The party planings and stuff like that striped me of any will to draw. but now that thats done in im 18, i shall continue to throw stuff in your face Its funny how the fact taht im an "Adult" now, hit me only when i was on Deviant art and there were no 18 warnings for me

AND NOW THE DRAWINGS!

Superhero me!!! Kasey did this kind of thing some time ago i promised myself to do it too. As for what powers id like to have it would be either time manipulation or manifesting fear of my opponents
    SPOILER! :

one thing i dislike on this drawing is the twi monsters in the back and the whole outfit....and i started disliking the latter right as i finished the drawing.

BLoD crew Again those OC's of mine that im not doing anything with. I try and try but im never happy with the comic i make...ah well fail, fail and fail.... until you not fail.
    SPOILER! :
    Ver.1
    ver. 2

Finally finished the horse Roland guy
    SPOILER! :

And at last i did some fan-art!!! Did anyone watch bakemonogatari?
    SPOILER! :
    For some reason i forgot to shade his glove and his necklace

ANd heres a poster i did for my chemistry high-school
    SPOILER! :

Whadda you think peeps!!!??? ENLIGHTEN ME!!! Nice to be back.
    Problem?
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I like your new crisp lines :3

I love the way you color! That first picture looks really awesome!! Great job on all of these
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

wow your colors and style looks really awesome. i really like it :3
    maybe less on the background details tho. a bit distracting hehehe. or maybe needs a blur or less saturated colors.
    but your art looks really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    ah well fail, fail and fail.... until you not fail.
    this is a really good quote! i should keep this in mind as well :3 i like the way you think.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

-@Cloudy And like your hips Thanks.

-@JJJ HOLY SHIT! J Jona Jameson IS COMMENTING ON MY FRICKIN THREAD!!! Thanks.

-@bunny Which one?

WIP BARAGGE!!! So... ive been doin...stuff...but i havent finished any....stuff.... so lets look at the unfinished ....stuff...

SPOILER! :
    Art trade with a girl from dA. Dont like it....

it shant be finished. Used the pic on the right for referenece... but i tried using it only as a reference for the pose n stuff... the lighting was...Fuuuun(fucked up)

Again one of those desktop bg things...
    kinda like it used reference for the posse...the lighting on the hair is going very slow for some reason...

30 min bg practice...its shit...but hey...i need to practice for it not to be shit.

ME trying to 'paint with one color and make...well kinda a grayscale drawing...but not in ... grey....

also its me and my two pals playin border lands....ITS FUN!

Gb stuff....SO MANY CORPSES ON GB!!!

Fan-art folder image..... some of the stuff i watched/played/read that i liked.

At first i loved this one.....but its been half a year since the last time i was able to open the big-ass file in my poor memory-challenged SAI.

The composition sucks the charas are wierd and too bright the only thing i like is the buildings...and they are traced....so fuck me right!!!

Another poster for the high-school

A pic for a guy on dA that decided tat it was unfair that i dont have more views with my drawings and that some other people that draw way worse then me, do have them. ANd he features me still in his journal -u- im happy.... So this is a thank you for him that ill post to dA ....later...
    Its supposed to be some Neku guy from some NDS game i think.

Watched Ergo proxy....LOVE IT....my mind cogs were running for quite some time after i finished watching it, it made me reconsider some of my views and standpoints on conciseness and humanity.
    WAnted to do a fan art... and wanted to try some new way of drawing...with messier lineart....i just dont like it T.T

Spider fan-art for a friend at school.
    ....that i still havent finished.

THis started out as another Ergo proxy fanart....and it ended as something vompletly diffrient.

still like it though...for some reason im really proud of the shading.

Two of my favorite assassins exchanging clothes ..... should have put the ASS creed asses here.... oh well... i actually just might put them there...

Trying to illustrate a folk tale of fairies.

MADOKA FAN-ART

This one is old...but i still want to finish it!

This is for mah two good friends

For Gotic.

For Baic...this will be re-made... again trying the messy lineart thing.....sigh...

Also the face is fudged up.

SOOOOOooooooo tell me whats wrong... a lot of these are in the making proces so i can still correct them. HELP!
    Problem?