Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter the den of a Serb.

Wink Enter the den of a Serb.

So HY everybody!!! I am gedeon !!! I (i think) can draw good,but colouring was always a obstacle for me! I could do basic highlighting and filling white spaces with some fancy colour, but then i was on mob and saw how guys and girls can DRAW GREAT and COLOUR FACINATING in some programs of the net! And so i decided that im ok with the anatomy and poses and i will work more on colouring and backrounds, and I WILL IMPROVE TO THEIR LEVEL!!! so here youll probobly see a lot of sh**y colouring and bg! if you have any tips on some of how to improve my lack of skillz please dont refrain yourself, and tell me! THANKS IN ADVANCE

--few months after starting the thread:
    YAY WERE ACTUALY GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!!

-A lots of months since the start of the thread:
    OOOOAH OOOOOOOOAH GOT ME A NEW TABLET OOAH OOOOOOOAH

-And even more months my saga continues. BUT NOW IM BETTER!!! >: D

-Pretty proud where i am now. Could go a bit faster, but as long as i am going.
    Last edited by Gedeon; 01-18-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: CELEBRATING!

so this is one work that im realy proud of but i couldnt get any critiques or comments in the galery...

im not so happy with this one...the backround was supposed to be a traning room but i didnt know how to make a good MAYHAM battleground with like concrete falling apart and all, so i took the easy way...!

Did this today and im somewhat happy with the backround, but it too simple! What should i add to plai simple gym walls to make them apear more complicated!!!!???

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    I think your work is really cool. Your posting hella frequently which is good because it shows how much practice you do. But I learnt a long time ago that if you want crits from round here , try to allow a little more time. maybe a coupla days before posting again.

Its great that you vary the things that you do and that your always colouring stuff in even though..it takes agesss..

The first one is great , jam packed with different things.
    what i might suggest to you if you want to learn to draw backgrounds is to take some time drawing them alone and making them look good by themselves. Also , ( i dont know if you do this or not ) but i would advice doing the background first.

What are you colouring with darling? Anyhow, what I've learned so far, basically from crits, is to add more contrast. You know, not like too dark near too white, but dont be afraid to try making the darks a bit darker. And use more than two colours, like make a basic shading with your lightest dark for the whole shaded part, then add accents with a darker tone. And another thing I have learned, again by crits, it not to shade using a greyer tone of the same colour, to make it not only darked, but also change it a bit. For example, when shading orange, add some red into it or something.
    There are lots of tuts for colouring on DA for example, for different skill levels, it helps to even only stare at someone's pic for a while and try like understand how it is coloured.
    And 'bout the gym thingy.. I think there's no need to make it complicated at this pic. It's like.. the pic is focused on the chara, even the fact that the edges of the walls are with such thick lines kind of distracts from the front of the image.
    -hides behind a curtain cause those are all personal and non-professional opinions and advices-
    It's all lovely and so on, until you realise you are looking at it upside down.

Thanks!!! So ill try and do the backround firsti always did that....actualy never.. FACEPALM!!!!>_< I paint in photoshop 5 extended, and thats why i have a problem with bg! I can never draw them good so i always hoped that i can do it right in PS later but it seems that failed! Thanks for the tip dikka but i can never choose the right colours! T-T they are always too diffrient when you comper them...is there i dunno a program or a tool that chooses colours like that! Exepct burn and doge...and dont hide behind the curtian, personal opinions matter the most! plus no point in hiding when i can see your legs...-_-'

Man, you have a lot of skill. Your drawings having a lot of presence (esp. that first picture). There are a couple of qualms, though. Such as your colouring (though I think you've already established what's wrong with it). It's not bad, just needs work.

Another thing is to work on the body proportions, particularly on that fighting man above. The hands are the most noticeable, I think; they're too small in comparison to the rest of the body.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Hey Gedeon! It's good to see you made a thread here - anyways, opinions:

First image:
    As I said in the MaMo thread - very epic-looking cover. The only problem I have with it is that there is so much going on that the viewer has a problem of "where do we look first?" The most prominent people are usually in the front to we want to focus the view on the three up front. For the rest of the characters behind them, I suggest you shade them in a little darker so you get a sense of distance while also featuring the characters up front more (and basically telling people - look here first and the move your eyes to the back).

Second image:
    I like the colors. His right arm looks too short; the part connecting the shoulder to the elbow; and you have to work on adding thickness to your clothing. There's no dimension - the belts at his sleeves, the collar looks flat, and I expect it to be thicker around his waist (I see you added folds on the right near the crosspoint but not the left side).

Third image:
    Again, draw thickness on clothes. You should draw your hair better - you just drew a bunch of random lines. You should draw your hair like they actually grew on the head and have a purpose. Have you read over the hair tutorials at the site yet? In this case, I suggest you look over the Spiky Hair tutorial. Last, perspective - the top part of the room was good. The floor - you shouldn't be drawing random lines. You should at least point them in the same direction so at least it'll look like you used perspective.

All in all, good stuff. You pretty much have to work on certain areas but you're going in the right direction. Keep coloring - I wasn't the best at coloring either nor the best at choosing which colors but if you practice and keep an eye out on images that you admired (for the drawing or the colors used), you'll get better at it. Btw, check out Ripping Colors for Better Palette. C:

Oww. You using PS 5 Ext too. I got problem about color too in this software before. Try this: >View>Proof Colors.

Hey how many layers You use for first pic?
    Last edited by Reset; 02-25-2011 at 05:55 AM.