Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon - Want to touch my Poke Balls?

i wanted 2 catch one of those afrobulls and name it lambo but i kept killing it on accident

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Dream World.

Actual plot.

Decent replay value. (Not as good as Emerald)

Most Pokemon are actually pretty original (and the ones that aren't aren't have very good stats)
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Three Trio Tres Member DrPumpkin's Avatar
    I think I'll never be able to pick my favorite pokemon game subjectively since I'll always love the one I first played as a small kid. (Which was emerald, btw).

Also, I never thought pokemon was a game about stats. The whole magic of pokemon is in adventure and ever since I discovered what EVs and IVs were, I felt I sort of lost some enjoyment value.

But I suppose I'll have to say Black and White is the best game so far since it pretty much fixed the flaws in the gameplay. I'm sad that they didn't add all the stuff they added in Heartgold and Soulsilver with pokemon following you and stuff but I'm guessing they'll keep on adding and adding from now on as B/W was probably a reboot of the franchise.

Rant over.

So last week, I was watching this LP for pokemon white and it looked cool as shit in terms of graphics. Story, well idunno since I wasn't actually playing. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I were lawl BUT I DONT HAVE A GODDAMN DS. But yeah, interesting beginning, very different from other pmon games (well at least the ones from GBA down. no idea about the other ds games). wanna play it badly, so I (or clock) have yet to find a good ds emulator

As for pokemon in general, I've been becoming interested in different peoples' styles of training, so whats yo' training style? When I first started playing, like any little kid playing pokemon, I would train the shit out of my starter (60-70) and just beat the story like that, but then when it comes to the elite four its like fail fail fail. So lately I've been trying to train them equally, without much success but one day I will be awesome at it

I'm playing firered though (yeah I know, fuckin old school man). this is my team atm, I'm obviously not extremely far in the game, I'm still trying to make my team nice:
    Growlithe Lv 26
    -Bite
    -Oder Sleuth
    -Ember
    -Secret Power
    waiting for him to get fire wheel, then I'll evolve him to arcanine. I'm having a hard time leveling him up though, for some reason
    Diglett Lv 22
    -Rest
    -Cut
    -Magnitude
    -Dig
    trying to level him up, but not very successful but i am confident that he will soon become an amazing dugtrio
    Wartortle Lv 32
    -Bite
    -Brick Break
    -Water Pulse
    -Mega Kick
    Fearow Lv 31
    -Aerial Ace
    -Pursuit
    -Fly
    -Fury Attack (shit move btw)
    Kadabra Lv 33 <--coolest pokemon, I've never caught an abra so when I did I felt like the coolest person on earth. if only it was shiny
    -Reflect
    -Shockwave
    -Disable
    -Psybeam
    aaaand HM slave, which is a paras. he's level 9 so no one loves him, not even his mother

so whats your guys team on whatever version you're working on atm? how are you training them? did you predecide your team or did you go with the flow?

EDIT: drpunkin; emerald was also my first and favorite. the map is huuuuuuuuuuuge and blaziken is a beast

DrP, you aren't that much younger then me are you (Emerald being your first game and all)?

lol, first you play the game for fun. Then you beat the E4 and its all about numbers. It makes it even better (IMO).

We'll get the added HGSS stuff in Grey... Or whatever they'll call it.

You're my favorite.

Three Trio Tres Member DrPumpkin's Avatar
    Urgh. I can feel a giant America vs. England spelling war erupting so they better not call it gray/grey.

EDIT: Oh, and toast, I'm going through leafgreen right now. Highfive!

They'll translate it how they translate it.

I'm thinking about buying a new (or old) copy of Emerald on eBay, should I do it? (It actually costs more then it did to buy it when it was new...)

You're my favorite.

no dont buy it the sentimental value will wear off

also arguing which pokemon game is best is like arguing what color of M&M is best

Sentimental Value isn't the main reason I want it. (It's the Hoenn Pokemon you cant get otherwise.)

You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    no dont buy it the sentimental value will wear off

also arguing which pokemon game is best is like arguing what color of M&M is best
    So I can't discuss about which mortal kombat is better? or street fighter? or megaman? (I can keep going) just because it would be like comparing M&M colors?

Each pokemon game is different and it has his own good and bad stuffs, under that statment I can compare and discuss about which one is better and which is worst.