Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon - Want to touch my Poke Balls?

I'll be getting White. I didn't think I'd get back into the series but once you're in it, it's really hard to keep away. It's almost like World of Warcraft, though I've successfully been off of that for 2 years and going strong.

I hear through the Pokemon Dream World it will be possible to capture all of the pokemon, but it's completely up to the developers what they put up and when or something to that extent. Either way, the game itself doesn't even expect you to catch them anymore, as with D/P it was all about how many were seen.

I'm playing Pokemon White right now.

It's awesome. <3

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Huhwut. I thought it comes out tomorrow?..

England got it first.

I can't wait till I get my first shiny. I picked up the game Sunday, though haven't played it much.
    When life gives you lemons ... you make orange juice and leave everyone wondering what the hell just happend.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    So far I've beaten 5 Gyms. Must say Im quite enjoying myself, and Team Plasma should stuff it.

EDIT: The Dream World wont be available until the 30th. *sigh*
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

is the fighting system still the same

I caved in and bought this. ):

I bought white the day after my friend got Black, and we're planning to catch . . . no, see all the new Pokemon. I gave up on catching them all in red and blue after I learned that you had to basically have three games and two Game Boys in order to actually get all 150 Pokemon, and that's not including going to New York or somewhere far away just to get one Pokemon (Mew). If I all I have to do is see them all now, I think I can manage it.

I wasn't really happy with the starters, though. The last starter I thought looked halfway cool was Piplup, back in D/P/Pl, which I never bought. The last decent-looking set of starters was the 3rd generation (Mudkip, Torchic, Treeko), in my opinion. Too many of the new ones look like random doodles, like inanimate objects, or like monkeys. I don't like monkeys much. The legendaries look pretty cool, though.

Another thing: they finally got the camera moving! I'm not sure if it's been around since 4th generation, but it's new to me since I skipped D/P/Pl. Also, animated battlers look awesome, especially since they didn't wreck it with low-poly 3D models.

I can't give a full evaluation, since I got it, like, an hour ago, but I can safely say that it easily surpasses all previous generations already. It's a bit slow, but that might be because I'm used to 250-500% speed on my emulator.

EDIT: @Evil Cake - Yep, the battles are pretty much the same, except they're nearly fully animated and the camera moves around. I'm still waiting for my guys to actually run up to the opponent and tackle them instead of having a hit thingy appear over them. Not even the 3D games did that, though (Colosseum, XD, and [I think] Battle Revolution).
    Last edited by Matt; 03-08-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I caved in and bought this. ):
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I bought white the day after my friend got Black, and we're planning to catch . . . no, see all the new Pokemon. I gave up on catching them all in red and blue after I learned that you had to basically have three games and two Game Boys in order to actually get all 150 Pokemon, and that's not including going to New York or somewhere far away just to get one Pokemon (Mew). If I all I have to do is see them all now, I think I can manage it.
    If ypur friend has Black you probably can catch them all (as far as the Regional Dex goes).

I wasn't really happy with the starters, though. The last starter I thought looked halfway cool was Piplup, back in D/P/Pl, which I never bought. The last decent-looking set of starters was the 3rd generation (Mudkip, Torchic, Treeko), in my opinion. Too many of the new ones look like random doodles, like inanimate objects, or like monkeys. I don't like monkeys much. The legendaries look pretty cool, though.
    I like Gen IVs starters myself, but I agree, this generations starters aren't too great, but they aren't the worst either.

Another thing: they finally got the camera moving! I'm not sure if it's been around since 4th generation, but it's new to me since I skipped D/P/Pl. Also, animated battlers look awesome, especially since they didn't wreck it with low-poly 3D models.
    Tiny bit starting with Platinum.

I can't give a full evaluation, since I got it, like, an hour ago, but I can safely say that it easily surpasses all previous generations already. It's a bit slow, but that might be because I'm used to 250-500% speed on my emulator.
    Lol. Ive had the flu for the last 2 days, so I've actually just clocked over 24 hours.... I have a problem, OK!
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.