Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon - Want to touch my Poke Balls?

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar

Pokemon - Want to touch my Poke Balls?

Come come now, I can't be the only one who still plays this, right? Also, the new Pokemon Games: Black and White (poor naming IMO) come out March 6th. Which, makes a grand total of 649 Pokemon to pit in battle.

Just look at the new Grass starter!

Serious Buisness now. FCs! If you want them, just notify me in this thread!

jubeh = 2752 0521 8357
    psyguy = 1506 5028 1478
    hayashida = 3052-7095-8238.
    evil cake = 4684 7984 3086
    wolflee = 2021 9082 1453
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 03-16-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Fenn
    Planning on picking up Black. I don't watch the show or play the card game but the video game is just too fun. Don't try to get technical with me though; I don't have the patience to EV train or breed god-mode pokes.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    the games are hella fun i have to admit. and i might pick it up ( remembers that he has a DS light somewhere ).

having said that it annoys me that they keep adding more and more pokemon all the time.
    649 pokemon ? for reals.....
    it was fun to ' gotta catch em all ' back when it was reasonable.

but still...catching my favourites out of the new ones they make , training them and completing the quest is still fun

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by IllustrateMe View Post
    the games are hella fun i have to admit. and i might pick it up ( remembers that he has a DS light somewhere ).

having said that it annoys me that they keep adding more and more pokemon all the time.
    649 pokemon ? for reals.....
    it was fun to ' gotta catch em all ' back when it was reasonable.

but still...catching my favourites out of the new ones they make , training them and completing the quest is still fun
    Yeah it's getting crazy. Some of the new pokemon don't even look like they are based off of anything (except maybe drug-induced hallucinations), but I can't really blame the developers. Actually the new cast looks more like spirits or dieties of obscure religions which is kinda cool.

That being said I gave up trying to complete my Dex. With B/W all the pokemon are brand new though so you could just shoot to complete that portion.

to be honest, i stopped liking pokemon when pearl and daimond came out.
    while playing daimond i suddenly thought to myself: "why am i doing this? there's no way in hell i'm getting ALL of the pokemon on one game without using hax! *insert computer monitor thrown*"
    in my opinion, pokemon is becoming a gimmick.
    everytime a "new" pokemon game is coming out, it's practicly the same game, but with more of those little shits!

i don't know, maybe i've grown out of it...

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Meh, I've actually never bothered to catch them all. I just EV train and breed. ... Which I use to have no patience for. And 649 may seem like a lot, but you can't catch ANY of the previous 493 Pokemon untill you beat the E4, so I think it'll be OK. Also I pre-ordered White a few days ago.

And the new Anime actually looks half decent. Though, they did finally get rid of Brock... I actually use to sprite Pokemon, back in the good ol' days. :/

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Baron View Post
    everytime a "new" pokemon game is coming out, it's practicly the same game, but with more of those little shits!
    What else would Game Freak do?
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Baron View Post

i don't know, maybe i've grown out of it...
    The new one lets you do live battling online and has triple battles, fully animated sprites, and a completely new roster.

Though it's totally natural to outgrow a series. Don't feel bad.

I'm getting Pokemon White for Zekrom.

I'm going to gamestop to get the Celebi event pokemon(First one exclusive to the US as far as I know.).
    I completely despise Oshuawott and I would go for Snivy completely, but is five weaknesses really worth it?

I might just have to choose Oshuawott...

Three Trio Tres Member DrPumpkin's Avatar
    Yeah. Got P. White a while back.

I thought the plot was a bit odd. I mean, it felt they were actually trying with the plot this time but kinda failed, or sort of gave up half way through. But who the hell plays pokemon for plot?

The rest is all your Pokemon goodness. Heaven knows I've wasted 100 hours on that game.

I like catching pokemon but not the battles