Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Tablet Thread

The Intous 4 is a wonderful gift sent from above. I love my tablet. There's is a big difference in sensitivity between the Intous and Bamboo. With the bamboo, I found myself pressing hard at times. Ended up making my hand and wrist sore. The Intous does a much better job with detecting pressure so I don't have to hurt my hand during the process.

I should take a picture comparing my Bamboo small to my Intous 4 Large. 8D

Am I one of those magical people who got used to their tablet instantly? It just felt natural like if it was meant to be. 8)

I have a Intuos 3 4x6 Wacom tablet. It's kind of small but it gets the job done for me

Also, I heard mention of a program, LazyNezumi that makes your lines nice and straight. Is there anything like that for Macs? I do not have a steady hand when it comes to drawing at all sadly, and I have to use the pen tool in photoshop to make any decent lines but that doesn't always produce the most favorable or consistent results.

If you hold down shift your line will be straight but I don't know if that works for tablets; I've only used it when using a mouse, but give it a try.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    It works the same as with mouse. But that depends on the program.

I didn't mean perfectly straight lines as much as smooth ones. When you hold shift it makes a straight line but you can't curve, you can only make sharp angles with it. At least, as far as I know. LazyNezumi smooths out your drawn lines getting rid of any jaggedness from moving your hand.

There's no shame in drawing multiple lines until you get it right. Even if there was, who's going to know?

PS and Flash makes straight lines when you hold shift (mouse and tablet, I've tried them myself). Unfortunately it's only horizontal or vertical straight lines (so you can't make 45 or 60 degree lines, which is a shame since if they can, it will be very useful when making BG).

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    If you want that jaggedness removed from your lines. I suggest Inkscape, Flash, or MangaStudio.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Or you can make a straight line on a separate layer, then rotate it. Or you can just use the pen tool in most programs.

Rotating a line is too much work for a single straight line... and I don't like pen tool. Still couldn't beat the old but trusty pencil and ruler.