Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Tablet Thread

@violin:
    Probably because it's Wacom quality? I bet that the touch screen isn't just a normal touch screen, and the surface doesn't feel like those cheap touchscreen either (since the surface feeling very important for drawing). Don't forget about the pen... though I must admit the tablet spec is lower than Intuos, it's still good anyway.

Anyway, I very agree with it being VERY expensive (too expensive even). Even if I have the money to buy Cintiq, I will not think twice to buy Intuos rather than Cintiq...

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    SO today, since I'm back in school, I started to draw on paper once again.
    It hasn't happened before, but I haven't drawn traditionally in a long time, but I soon realized I was looking for an undo button and there was none...
    This is what tablets do to you, be warned.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    ^ My life. XD

^ Double that. I automatically tap my pinky and index finger on the table where Ctrl + Z would be. I never use the Intuos4's keys--I'm still too used to the keyboard to make the transition. I guess I could make them hotkeys for combos in Vanguard Princess. Otherwise, I stay away from them except to change the brush size, since my Photoshop (CS5 Ex) won't let me redefine the quick keys.

Anyway, I just started using a felt tip instead of the plastic one that comes attached. I like it much, much better. It feels a lot smoother and it seems easier to get a clean line, although that's probably a psychosomatic issue.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Really? I found my plastic tip smoother. o___O"

How much should the tip wear before you change it? I'm afraid that if I wait too much and it get smaller it'll be hard to get the old one out of the pen.

Well, Undo button is one of the main reasons why I go digital ^_^ When I draw traditionally again in group devmeet, I always miss that undo button... and the layer feature.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I'm the opposite, I still draw everything on paper and pencil so no automatic push for the undo. Coloring on the other hand.... Oh, how I wish there were layers! XD

@ violin
    Just leave enough so you can still pull it out with a tweezer. If you go shorter than that though, you're gonna have to dig it out somehow...

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    It should stop wearing itself down as soon as you wear out the surf texture. From then on you should be fine with just one nib for a LONG time.

My wacom bamboo pen & touch just arrived.
    I've got to say, I'm not exactly thrilled since it was only a last second upgrade because I dropped my (old version) bamboo fun's pen and with shipping and all a new pen would only be like $40 less than a whole new tablet. Plus the wacom website was sold out of my particular pen >_<

It's all right though. I was extremely dissapointed when I saw that you can only program the popup menu to a button on the pen, rather than a button on the tablet like I'd been using for the past couple years >_< How can that be so hard? I'm not gonna have to adjust even further. Also it would have been cool to have a completely removable cord like in the bamboo fun. If I wanted to put my bamboo fun in a bag I could put the wire somewhere safe and by itself. Now I've gotta wrap it around the tablet or something stupid which I've always disliked doing :/

Maybe it's just me though. Definitely everything else is awesome. I don't think I'll be using the touch feature much aside from for zooming/rotating in art programs, but it works well although the zooming is a little slow. It takes such a large movement for such little zoom. The little light going from bright blue to amber whenever I put my pen down is also a little odd, but nothing too crazy. Just lifting up the pen when I'm in the dark sends a flash of light hahaha

I wonder why I just wrote a review when I was intending to only say that I'm satisfied but a little annoyed.
    Meh.