Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Tablet Thread

My sister has a Bamboo... but she doesn't let me touch it, look it or be close to her tablet. So yeah, I have 0 experiense with that kind of stuffs (but I might save some money for one in the future).

PS: She doesn't even use her tablet -.-.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I've been using the same nib for near a year now lol.
    Might be because I wore down the texture of the tablet.

That's darn right terrible Clockhand!

Okay, so tablet reporting time. Genius F610: No accuracy issues present. Since the stylus runs on batteries it turns itself off when not in use and requires a short tap to turn itself on again. Every 5 or ten minutes it lags for a fraction of a moment, which doesn't bug me but might be annoying for some. Could just be my computer though. The pressure sensitivity seems all right, though it could stand to be a tad more responsive to lighter touches and some more tilt sensitivity. As a whole I'm pretty happy with what I spent for $75, and the drawing space which is exactly proportional to my screen definitely makes me happier than what I'd get with a Bamboo Pen.

I'd advise anyone willing to spend more than $300 to buy a medium Intuos4, though. I'm just not much a fan of the Bamboo series.

Aren't there settings for your usual Bamboo drivers to make it proportional to your screen though?

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    I've been using the same nib for near a year now lol.
    Might be because I wore down the texture of the tablet.
    Lol. I've never changed my pen nib. Ever.
    Last edited by indescribable; 02-27-2011 at 01:54 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEI97_Ka-n4
    This thing. I want it. (Wacom Cintiq 12wx)

Tbh I think I would prefer it over its bigger version, not because its cheaper, but because of the workspace. Although haven't actually seen/used one in person, but the size of the 21ux puts me off a bit, plus I think the 12wx's portability would be useful for me... Either way, I can't afford it at the moment, but I'm TRYING to save up for it. I'm pretty freaking horrible at saving up though *sadface*

But yeah, currently I'm using a Wacom Intuos 3 Medium size. Works pretty well, I would say much better than my old Graphire 4 which died pretty easily. (tbh I wasnt taking care of it much though). There is actually a definite difference between the pressure sensitivity, etc. between the two... Although that might be just me. Plus the extra buttons help heaps with when it comes to speeding up. I hate having to press the buttons on my keyboard for the shortcuts so I use the provided buttons on the Intuos and costumize them myself so I wont have to type.

I've tried the Intuos 4 back at my Uni, and since I'm used to Intuos 3's surface, the rough paper-like imitation puts me off a bit. The buttons and other paraphernalia for Intuos 4 is pretty sexy though, but I would prefer it with the plastic/smooth surface.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Hamachi said he'd recommend a medium-sized Intuous for the big spenders. I have a small-sized one because it was equal to the dimensions of the active area* of my (I think) medium-sized Graphire. I personally don't like large tablets because I am uncomfortable using rough motor skills (big arm sweeps) to create my art. I would much rather manipulate my wrist to draw because that's what makes me feel more comfortable.

And agh, I feel like a terrible person because I've have my Intuous for two months and I haven't even tried the tilt/rotation settings. XD

* Tablets aren't proportional to all screen sizes. If your tablet isn't widescreen and your monitor is, then the top and bottom portion of the tablet will be "dead" and nonresponsive in order to keep the screen:tablet ratio proportional and the device properly calibrated. The active area is the area that works when using your tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Aren't there settings for your usual Bamboo drivers to make it proportional to your screen though?
    Once more.
    Because I'm pretty sure most tablets should have that option. Do any of you ever mess with your driver settings or go into control panel? lol.

There are such options on the Bamboo Pen:

Control Panel/Bamboo Preferenses/Pen -> Tracking -> Pen Mode -> Details...

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I'm fairly certain all tablets have that option, actually. o____o I don't know why having a tablet that isn't proportional to your screen would deter you from buying it, seeing as the driver automatically makes the active area proportional.