Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite art medium?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Have you considered investing on a tablet? Coloring by mouse is so tedious and very hard on the fingers.

Hmm personally, pencil is always cool with me.
    But there's something about inking that I've always loved to death.
    Watercolour painting is also pretty cool, but I need more practice. I'd do it alot more often if I had a bigger table to draw on.
    And digital art is also really fun, I think It's on par with inking for me.
    But digital inking... *jizzes pantz*

And why is that? If you love traditional inking but still want the traditional feeling, you could go with Intuos (or tablet up to par with that) that could detect rotation and angle... and use Corel Painter. Corel Painter is somewhat similar to PS, but it really mimics/simulate the traditional inking and painting (like using pigment based instead of RGB thingie).

I hope I can buy a tablet. Hiks T_T

Then start saving.

If you have about 1.500.000 to 2.000.000 rupiah (price could vary depending on where you live), you could get Wacom Bamboo Fun Small or Medium (I suggest Fun series over normal Bamboo). If you're okay with non-Wacom tablet, then you could find tablet that even cheaper than that (though I'm not recommending it at all).

If you're still a student then... well, it's hard, I know...

Yeah Im work for living hope I can save more money, I just bough a scanner and now start saving for tablet. Rp.2.000.000 hmm, maybe in five month.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    So guys, right now I'm using a bunch of Prismacolor markers. The grayscales are amazing. Best used when you print out your digital lineart.
    So yea...markers are now a fave medium for me, now if I could afford them...

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I've always wondered about Prismacolor markers - can you blend the colors seamlessly or do they have that marker trademark (i.e. the darker line if you go over a color twice)?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    To put it simply. Think of it as using multiply layers, that's how they work, and it's awesome.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Prismas, in my experience are still streaky, but not as bad as say, Trias, or Faber-Castells. The best way to avoid that, really, is with Copics. Problem is, Copics are less bold and it's more difficult to get a clean-cut line out of them without a mask of some sort.