Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite art medium?

*Goes to ebay and starts bidding*

Arrgh, you've successfully convinced me to start burning away my munnies...

I like to use Drawing Pen for finishing, sometimes I use rapido. Mechanic pencil for image foundation. I used to use 0.1, 0.3, and 0.5 thickness. For coloring i use color pencil, but since i got some color blind I often pick wrong color and realize after finished coloring, so I feel confident using CG using photoshop or corel than manual Coloring. For paper I used to use plain A3 paper not drawing paper.

I've heard a lot of good things about Corel, though it costs hundreds of friggin' $$$.
    Wonder how many people actually buy the product instead of using a w0b h0st0ng site or a tor0000.
    Yarr!!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I like Photoshop the best. DX

As for traditional media, ennnh... I like doing stuff in pencil (colored, graphite, charcoal, etc) because it's easiest to shade with, and shading is my favorite part. As far as painting goes, I like impasto acrylic a lot. I got impasto paste and a palette knife yesterday and I want to use it really bad. *art nerd*

You know, I read a translated book by Da Vinci, who said that serious artists will spend lots of attention on shading. You "pass the test," heheh...

For those of you guys who like to do digital media, it would also be great to specify what software you use like Seefy. =3

I think because I like to shade a lot, that's the reason why I end up erasing a lot of my lineart when I DO happen to use it. >.>

To be more specific, also, I like Photoshop 7.0 the best. It's super lightweight and fast. The only upgrade I'd like that newer versions have is the smooth zooming and rotation. I also got a new Intuous 4 tablet a couple months ago to replace my Graphire 4. It took a really long time to get used to the texture on the tablet, but now I like it a lot. The extra command buttons are really, really nice.

If you say "though it costs hundreds of friggin' $$$" I say nah. Cuz I just using it in Front-lite design company where I work.Hehehe I try lot of kind of program you know. This Program has the best tracing program that i've ever use.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    To be more specific, also, I like Photoshop 7.0 the best. It's super lightweight and fast.
    Try CS 5 64bit version and 7.0 look like a knife from stone age.

I have. I still didn't like it all too much.

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    I like digital media but the only software I've ever used (and I know this is pathetic) is on the oekaki board here. DX
    I'm going to get Photoshop next year though.
    also, seefy, I have an intous 4 too! *highfive*

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    I have. I still didn't like it all too much.
    You really like fast stuff!!!