View Poll Results: Yo! Do you like pandas?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I luv pandas

1 33.33%
  • Pandas...? Pandas are for the weak!

1 33.33%
  • Derp!

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT's Arts. Critiques plz

AT's Arts. Critiques plz

If you love it or hate it tell me why. Think I need to work on something, point it out. If you have suggestions on anything please feel free to do so. I'm back to get better as an artist, so any input is valuable to me. Thank you, an I look forward to hearing from you all ^^

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Whew-eee, I really, really like the atmosphere of your coloring.

Welcome back Angie, nice art BTW.
    really dark n shit.

Coooool 'n' creapy !!!!! If i can just say one thing, the poor little punny me thinks that if you could only put a little more vissible lines of the face in the seccond pic ( like you did it with the first) It would be better.Just my opinion of course, it still looks badass!!!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I'm really liking the colors, Angie.
    One thing I've been noticing though is that you draw heads bigger than what the body can hold. The body is two heads wide for males and one and a half wide for women. On the second picture, the torso is to short. This makes his crotch line higher and makes his arm end up too long. You might want to try to remember that the hand needs to line up with the thigh.

A color suggestion is that you might want to try some low-key paintings. Color with lower value colors on the color scale. Usually everything lower than a value 4. See chart below for reference:

This will make your color feel more moody and dark like I see you like to portray them. Try playing with those darker colors to try to swing people's moods around.

Hope this critique helps!

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Like everyone else, I think the colors really set a great mood. I find it odd in the first one that you have such great detail and sharpness to the females face and features but everything else is so blurry. What's she holding in her hand, btw?

Second image, is the thorn piercing his body? If it is, it doesn't look like it. I expect some blood splatter or some more. The angle of his glasses look off to me also.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Very beautiful pics. I just think that some parts of the pics seem a bit to fuzzy. Like they arent as defined as they should be but that might just be me and a personal preference.

Yes, that is a personal preference. I say, if you're going to go fuzzy, then do it for all the picture rather than parts of it.

All in all, I think you're doing a disservice to yourself if you go fuzzy because 1) it makes you look complacent and 2) it's harder for viewers to see what they're looking at.

....Some may even see it as a cop-out, like you're hiding behind the blur. Since everything is so blurred, it's harder to see and therefore critique and find fault in it. It can be also said that making everything dark can be seen in that way also. Darkness hides the ugly. That's why bars tend to have low lighting - everyone looks better that way.

First of all thanks everybody for taking time to comment in mah art box, I really appreciated. Sorry It took me like a week to answer, but I work a lot now.

Celestial Fox - Thank you! It's glad to see your still around. I've always enjoyed your artwrok ^^

Gedeon - Thanks dude. More lines in the face. Like be more detailed?

Jaidurn - So you're saying to use colors below the fourth value right, and do mind if I snag that value chart for future reference? And the big head thing is habit I've been trying to break my self out of for years lol. Thank you for the critique. Look forward to seeing you around.

Rio and Psy - I see what your talking 'bout with the blurriness now. I didn't even notice it till you guys pointed it out. I kinda get over zealous with blur tool (another bad habit). Oh and Rio, that last comment about the lighting in the bar gave me quick chuckle, and I understand what you guys are talking about. I'll keep your comments on the brain next time I'm coloring a pic.

Here are some pics and sketches I've done. Some of them might get colored depending on my time and mood. I've been working on my poses trying to get the bending of limbs right. The first one is me trying to foreshorten in a different view but it kinda came out.....funky. Hell the whole thing kinda came out fux'ed. Gonna go see if I can get some work done at home. Look forward to hearing from you guys ^^

Last edited by Angel_Tears; 03-10-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Looking at all the drawings you just posted, you have very clean and distinct lines. I'm kind of surprised you hide it all away with blurs. Have you ever just done a straight-up cel-shaded coloring?