View Poll Results: Which is scarier?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indrid Cold.

0 0%
  • Slender Man.

4 100.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Supernatural thread: Indrid Cold vs Slenderman.

Hybrid View

The Supernatural thread: Indrid Cold vs Slenderman.

I got bored and decided to make a thread based on unexplained phenomenons. Now I personally don't believe in paranormal beings, but I find the stories interesting and fun to talk about. So anyway, let's start off with a "paranormal-off."

1) Indrid Cold
    Something that has been claimed as an extraterrestrial is Indrid Cold, more commonly known as the Grinning Man. Indrid Cold has had numerous sightings, one of which where he contacted someone through a telephone, and warned him about events before they happened. He is associated with the Moth-Man, and is said to appear in people's dreams. He has always been described as a tall, thin man without much facial features, beady eyes set far apart, combed-back hair and a grin stretching from one end of his face to the other. Before most people see him, they describe a small, floating object that makes no noise with flashing lights - much similar to a UFO. He has been spotted in West Virginia many times, and is also said to have a partner in crime named Apol on several occasions. People have reported him chasing civilians down streets, and asking for objects such as a ball-point pen or change, and becoming quite happy after receiving something so small. Cold is also said to have stolen some people's e-mail and phone-line to call others before calling the rightful owner of the e-mail or phone-line.

2) Slender Man
    Originally claimed to be created on the Something Awful forums, Slender Man seems to have taken a life of its own. Not much sooner after its creation were there said to be sightings. Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs seemed to depict the Slender Man, striking people's curiosity. Not much is known about the Slender Man's origins, but his objective is quite clear: to stalk and take actions against children. He is described much like Indrid Cold - tall and slim with a black suit, black pants, and a tie. The Slender Man has no facial features whatsoever, and his skin looks as if it is made of cloth. He can manipulate his shape and grow extra limbs from the back of his body which he uses to either walk or supress prey with. When the Slender Man holds out his arms, whoever sees him will be in a hypnotic state and be forced to walk toward him. He prefers foggy places and settings with trees. It is said that there will be sightings of him before children are to disappear, and that he is able to camouflage with trees. It is also said that everyone has seen him at least once as a child, usually in an accident. If the Slender Man fails to retrieve his prey the first time, he will be back when the child has turned into an adult. Another common saying is that anyone who sees him will become a potential target.
    I'm here. Your life just got 0.000000000001% better.

Claimed to have been created? Ain't no claims, boy, I saw it happen.

Seriously man its not like its a secret.

Exactly so what the hell is with the pansy language, M? Say shit straight up, none of this 'supposed' junk

Wait, you flipping saw it? O_O Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

ya man when I was going to Enterprise the bus came at 0435 so I had to walk out super early in the morning and he stalked me during the dark hours and turned into a lamp pole in the light

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I saw Slender Man on YouTube, guess I'm a target now...right? lol. And I've never heard of the Indrid one.

...I don't know if I should laugh it off or piss my pants...so do you think Cold or Slender Man is scarier?

Oh, and Gunzet, Marble Hornets is fake, they said it themselves. Can't wait for their next season. (I'm assuming you watched Marble Hornets, the most popular Slender Man videos on YouTube.)

oh man I need to watch the last ep

Okay, we probably should get back on topic:
    Have any of you ever seen Slender Man numerous times? I know Sylux said he saw one, but I recall a dream when I was four years old about a man in a suit at Toys R Us take off a mask and reveal a hideous face - now it kind of reminds me of Slender Man's mask...and I was in a huge accident as a child, thankfully nothing big happened, but I can't remember most of it as opposed to my usually-great memory...maybe it's as most people say - "If you see him, you'll forget certain moments involving him as you mature."