Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If only everything in life was as reliable as RACISM!

1) When someone thinks: Race A > Race B (A = Any race. B = Any race besides Race A)

2) Yes. Wherever you go, there will be racist people.

3) Nope, but it is commonly seen around the world. We could live without it, but it just wanders the world.

4) Nope, William's Syndrome prevents racist thoughts by the subject with William's Syndrome.

5) Yes, I'm living proof of that.

6) Nope. Come to think of it, we never hear from the government over here...
    I'm here. Your life just got 0.000000000001% better.

Racism will exist as long as there continues to be different ethnic groups. The only way to eliminate racism would be either to have full integration so there is no concept of a 'minority' or a 'majority' group... or to make everyone the same race. Genocide would be a valid (if violent) way to promote the latter option, but enough sexual mixing between different ethnic groups will lead to many people having a combination of racial traits - if this continues for long enough, it doesn't seem unlikely that most people in the world will be what we'd currently call 'mixed race'. The former option is probably impossible because of racism itself.
    The reason I say racism is inevitable when there are ethnic minorities is because when people have little experience with other races, they'll base their perception of a particular race on a limited sample size - if all their encounters with other ethnic groups have been negative, then clearly they'll have a negative perception of that ethnic group. Racism can only be combatted through exposure to other ethnic groups from one's own.

I kinda live by what Delphinus is saying. I refuse to recognise people by their race, as I envision a world where someday we are all one interbred distinctively consistent human race, and act in a manner specific to my opinions on how the world should be.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Reminds me of that episode of South Park, where everyone was mixed up and vasically, one whole race.

oh yeah and they came thru time or some shit. hehe, SP was p funny back in the day...

I'm actually shocked this didn't get locked or something. :|

@Kodos:

When I say, is Racism a fact of life I am asking is Racism something that is unavoidable and/or needed in human existence. (I hope that was a little more clear.)

I should probably get rid of the second question that was vague as it means basically the same thing as the first one. That kind of makes things redundant and I'm glad you pointed it out.