Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The art of Joosh; Update!

i envy you..i realize i can never get around to practicing :/

I believe in you narutofox, you can practice. I too am super lazy when it comes down to it, but I eventually do it LOL
    ------------------------------------------------------
    GUYS I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER SO HERE.

btw Im still getting used to this forum.
    Its just different.
    Almost as if it were a twitter or something.
    I cant update Facebook, DA, MT, And my artthread!!
    ITS TOO MUCH!

Okay wow, its been a long time since I updated my art thread.

SO HERE GAIS
    I HOPES I IMPROVED ON MY ARTS
    Critique Me like a demon or I will cut you all. Srsly. Critiques help a lot, and I've noticed some of the new people who join that are new to drawing get shunned like hell... >_>

A wizard.

A fat guy because not everything in life is attractive like artists portray it to be c:

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I'm really liking the dynamic way you do your hands. Update more often bro.
    Ok, you want crits? Time to put on the SUIT.

The Wizard
    The anatomy seems off mainly with the arms. I noticed that the right arms fingers are stubby and short, missing length. Actually the palm is short altogether.
    The length from the elbow to the wrist is shorter than the left arm (the arm holding the orb).
    The left arm actually seems to be just fine, but if you look around the orb, there's a finger that bends completely out of shape, as if he's breaking himself to grasp the thing.

After some staring at it more, I noticed the right arm is resting on the table, but there's no shading underneith it. So it seems like he's just holding it there in a really girly stance.
    You made a lightsource (the candle) so use it.

The cloth around the right arm also seems to wrap perfectly around the arm, make it loose and give it some slack like you did with the left arm.

The Fat Guy
    If you didn't describe that he was fat, I wouldn't be able to tell. He just looks really gruff, not fat.
    There's not much I can say here since it's obviously in a style. Nothin' wrong with the face.
    Once you start getting down to the neck area, things get odd.
    Try to make it so that the collar of the shirt seems to wrap around him, right now it's just a straight up V shape with no dimension, and the wrinkles don't follow shape.

There...is your crit mein friend.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I pretty much agree with hat Gunz said. Some other thoughts:
    What's that shaded section right next to the face? I don't really see what that's supposed to be...
    The second drawing: The iris' look odd to me and the eye looks like it's barely in the eye socket. With that said, I'm surprised not to see any crow's feet. It seems rather plain in that area when you have all these other details going on.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I think the arm on the table looks allmost broken. It doesnt seem natural to me that the hand would just be draping off the table while the wizard is obviously excited or somthing of the sort. i think if he was grabbing the edge of the table or a fist like he got so happy he hit the table. His belt buckle is off to me. The belt doesnt overlap at all on his right our left into the buckle like it should and it hangs down prematurley. I like your work allot its just minor off details here and there that im noticing.

Oh my god Gunz, Rio, and Psy I love you.

Okay i'm going to redo what you said was all wrong.

here: http://img806.imageshack.us/i/thewiz...sorbedite.png/

havent redone the fat guy yet.

And the right hand on the wizard still looks odd to me, and I didnt want to shade/color it because I wanted the orb to be center of attention. Even though I sorta shaded folds and stuff.
    Im not being a total wuss on that, ill shade after I get feed back on this, and ill save as a seperate copy.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Those edits look pretty good. WHY OH WHY do you improve so fast?!

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    C'mon Seefy! You're falling behind! ;D

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The lines are still really shakey, but overall you did a nice job on re-doing the wizard. He looks a lot more dynamic now, and the folds actually flow now.
    The buckle looks a bit odd, sort of like it's inside out, maybe the piece that's hanging off should be above the rest of the belt.
    And a bit more work on the head and face could help.
    The left hand fingers seem to be fixed which is nice, but now the right hand seems to be very small. Just drag the fingers out a bit, and add more room for the palm and you're set.

Good stuff bro.