Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: So I heard Jubeh was staying on the old site....

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I remember you being darn close to being a mod, then it falling through for some reason. D:

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    everything is still sparkling. I honestly dont remember that. I remember a few months ago when everyone was saying we needed more mods (i think before we migrated to the forum before this)and i was suggested but Rio said that she wanted to keep the team as is.

Psy if you would nominate yourself to be a mod you would have my support.

I think we need to consider john in this equation. He is going to be the only veteran mod if hammie does not reclaim her position, which means he is going to be responsible for the other mods whether you realize it or not. If his team is made up of people who want to be a mod for the power or the status, it'll only make his job harder.

If he hadn't decided to stay as a mod I wouldn't have even posted here and I wouldn't be taking this so seriously.

Now I'm gonna say I support psy or max, because I believe they have what it takes. Max felt the brute force of my early modding days and matured into an alright dude. Psy has been around for ages and I don't think he gets recognized for anything other than his LGBT thread. He also is a hard working dude IRL so I know that he is responsible.

That's not to say the other guys could not grow into the role. Me becoming a mod was a horrible fluke and I was terrible at it for the longest time.

But you have to consider shnorkel, who was a blight on MT's history and the other countless, faceless mods that did absolutely nothing unless I asked them to. I don't have to name them because you know which ones I am talking about. These people weren't just appointed by rio, but were chosen by the members of MT. The ones that said hey that guy is good at drawing make him the art mod, or that guy is my friend make him a mod.

And I think if you really put a lot of thought and consideration into this you'll come up with a similar conclusions.

It's gotta be psy.

(or max)

((sorry max you are the back up))

And if for even a second you thought I was making too big a deal of this, then maybe consider why you want to be a mod in the first place. Because if its not to help out john and rio, then plz sit down.

Also could you guys lend me some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubeh
    ((sorry max you are the back up))
    Its alright.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 76
    Wait. Rio said she asked me before. I dont remember being asked before to be a mod. . . . am i like in the twilight zone or somthing? *everything sparkles* D8
    I think I asked you at one time or other. It may have been back in the old site (now the archived forum) but who can say? That PM is lost in that forum so I can't check it out.

Anyways, I would prefer someone who has been a long-time Manga Tutorials member as they know this community more than anyone.

Well, talking about it is kind of moot at the moment since I still haven't heard from Hammie.

If Psy actually wants to be a mod, I think that'd be great.

Even if Hammie does claim modhood, I would still like it if Psy became a mod. He is a good guy and then we would have mods at most times.

The biggest problems I see happening are:
    People dissapearing and infrequent mod activity on the site.

The way I see it is that then there would be a new generation of mods, (Oz and whomever (Psy is a good choice)) that can be taught by the older generation of mods. (Hayashida and Hammy (If she chooses to so stay)) This would create a more equal balance between all the mods and the community, but if Hammy so decides to not stay, then I think having another guy (Most likely Max) would balance it out at least a little seeing as then there would be an older member.

As such though, Hayashida's job would be harder raising three mods instead of just two. Oz is a newer guy, but he has been the Oekaki mod for a while now and has done his part to learn for the job. Psy is a mellow guy and learns easily and knows what he's doing in general. Max is a pretty ok guy most of the time. If Hayashida is willing to step up if Hammy steps down, then I think the mod staff would still turn out ok.

On another note, I think that mods should be over different sections. It would actually be a good idea again simply to help Hayashida have special forces. Hayashida would be the mod of all the boards with help from each mod on different boards. Doing it this way helps Hayashida not have to race from thing to thing and have little helpers that can ask him for help if they so need. It also allows for each mod to be put where they are most likely to frequent. Max would most likely be most frequenting the Chatterbox and Video Games areas of the forum. Psy would be all on the General Discussion, Critique Corner, and Role Play and Writers Arena. Oz would be the guy who would be over the Welcome Wagon, Drawing Animation & Tutorials, Anime and Manga, and Manga Works sub boards. Then Hayashida would just have to look over their work and check out the Seller's Hangout every once in a while.

These are just my opinions because I want a good community.

I WANT MORE PEOPLE, DAMMIT.

I don't think I've gone more than two weeks without going on MT since I joined in 2006.

Since I've joined I attempted to leave to get back to school work but it only lasted a week. O___O

I'm not directing it at anyone. I'm just saying I don't want anyone to pull a resa. Also. I edited.