Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: ♣♥♦♠ My unwitty return: Self-portrait + other junk

I like the hair a ton in those drawings. Especially the red blue drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    Yep, no pencils. It gets really ruddy that way, haha.
    WAO, GIMME SKILLS @_@

Dig the pen sketchin's, and I've always been a fan of the pulled back afro ponytail.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    ○ Sparky: Thanks, my sister kinda has one. :O
    ○ Sylux: PICK UP A PEN AND TRY IT!
    ○ Josh: Thank you! I can do hair fairly decently digitally, but with pen and paper, I'm just like SCRIBBLESCRIBBLE. XD So this time I tried really hard to slow down and think about what I was doing.

♠ a n d . a n o t h e r
    Here's another Saimoe entry. That 1 px stroke on the figure murdered me because I was so messy. >.>

I'm gonna wash my hair and finish up the last Saimoe entry. :> Hopefully the coloring doesn't kill me on that one! DX Should be done by tonight's deadline!

Awwww!! Supper cute... little tom-boy girly :3 Though I think the fishing rod, could be at a better perspective than a profile one.. like coming towards the viewer.. would add more depth... but awesome stuffs XD

Thanks, Ego! :> Cute really isn't my schtick, so I tried to do it best in my style. I think the outcome was rather good. I do agree, though, perspective on that rod would have been awesome! I'm taking notes for next time, definitely.

Annnd as for progress on the new one coming up, I'm still in the process of coloring it, but I realized half-through the anatomy/pose pushed it over into some weird seinen-type style instead of moe. I WILL TROUBLESHOOT THIS SOMEHOW, I SWEAR. There was also a power outage that shut down Photoshop and everything! =T______T= Things aren't quite going my way this week.

she's so cute seefy! oh man I should've used loli character,
    well atleast loli is much cuter for me. >_>

even though you said cute isn't you schtick, she's still so adorable!
    I'll have a hard time battling your characters that's for sure!

I feel a winner coming up!

I'm the exact opposite with hair. I can make it look halfway decent with a pencil, but once I get onto my tablet, I start scribbling.

Saimoe's supposed to be a contest judged on concept, not skill or style. So don't worry about your style not being moe-ish. You make more money from realism anyway. Unless you live in Japan and sell moe-style Touhou doujins at conventions or do illustrations for visual novels.

○ Matt: Yeah, I'm in a drawing class now, though, so I'll have to relearn that whole pencil thing, haha. And yep, definitely. It's a good idea that the concept thing is emphasized. I'm kinda disappointed this time around, though, because I was in a bit of a crunch and couldn't include the character bios I wanted. I rather like Hevhninh's character; I've had her for a while. Someday soon I'll get out a little character sheet, though. I'm very much interested in getting out sheets for all the people in her world.
    ○ Slurpee: Thanks a bunch! <3 Though I'm not match for Tei.
    ○ Ramiel: Thank you! I agree that it's just a different kind of cute. I'm just so used to only seeing one kind, that I'm kinda quick to discount myself.

♣ a n d . s o . I . l i v e
    Computer equipment, successfully moved and set up in my new living accommodations. Art, commence!

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. I'd like to think it's an older Xeres, but I screwed up the hair so badly that I'm having a hard time seeing it.