Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: ♣♥♦♠ realistic-ish portrait, other things

You should design some tribal clothes for Sut's manga OAO Alo love the hevvanih pic........the shading is..........delicious
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    ○ Son: Thanks!
    ○ Bacon: I used a hard pencil to sketch the figure first, but then I want back with charcoal to shade in black. I think that's the only thing keeping me clean! ¡^¡
    ○ Sy: My university offers weekend lifedrawing sessions to the public for only five dollars (though I get it for free in my classes during the weekdays). You could probably call up your local art department and see if they do anything similar. It's awesome.
    ○ Cloudy: Thank you! And yeah, it's great fun.
    ○ Gunz: I've done it before, but never with a man, haha. Maybe one day. XD

♦ l i n e . v s . v a l u e
    Still working out the composition of the final project images, but I did get Hevhninh's head worked out--which was a greater ordeal than originally projected.

Anyway, each of these image styles have their strengths. I'll choose one soon to use for the final.

Shes sooo pretty!

I really love the shaded one!

I gotta say that those character concepts are really cool. Somehow I get a sort of Art Deco style from the design.

The line vs. tone picture. Hm... I'd have a hard time choosing one over the other xD

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    ○ Son: Thanks, that's what inspired me a little bit. I think art deco/nouveau is fun.
    ○ Cloudy: Ahh, thank you~
    ○ Gedeon: Rei's manga is amazing. He and I have piddled around with character design together before. It was great fun. <3
    ○ Erika: asdr;lkjdo LOOK WHO'S TALKING
    ○ Afro: Yeah, I like the details of the lines, but I like the dark feel of the shading, too. :U DECISIONSSSSS~ And oh, goodness, a clothing line would be amazing. You'd have to promise to model for our lookbook every season, though. ;D
    ○ Bacon: Haha, thanks. Fashion croquis proportions are hilariously bad; it took a while for me to develop a style in it. But it still bothers me too. >.> I should have made the shoulders and head a little bigger. (Things to keep in mind next timeeee)
    ○ Josh: Thank youuuuu <333

♣ W I P
    How to shade hair like a boss:
    Step one: Disregard all better judgement
    Step two: Cancel all your plans for the next two days.

It's that WIP of Frei I posted a while ago, who is also from the same storyline as Hevhninh, Arouzh, Urophia, and friends. I'm still working on it.
    But, UGH, I made the eyes waaaay too small by accident~ I'll try to edit around that to make it less obvious. Unfortunately I can't erase it, though. :<
    18x24"

I cannot get the right lighting to photograph this for the life of me. Soooo, uh, yeah, have two photos that are equally bad. >.> I promise to get a better photo once I actually finish it, though.

Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 12-01-2011 at 01:03 AM.

wow look at that detail! drawing and shading all those little bits of grass would have taken forever, loving your new stuff!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    She looks like she came straight out of 'Nam.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

○ Cloudy: Thanks a lot! <33 Shading the grass is difficult! I only have it mostly sketched in.
    ○ Bacon: LOVE IS BATTLEFIELD. :'D

♥ s c a t t e r b r a i n e d
    Had a figure drawing session today, but the model didn't show up.
    Twiddled thumbs in studio, because I left every last WIP of my coursework back at the dorm.

Flipped open my laptop > Went to Pixelovely > Started up an hour figure drawing session online

... This is all I came up with that was worth showing. :<
    Weeeeh, the bottom one filled up my scanner--I DRAW SO LARGE NAO~

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Don't really have much anything to crit, but the one girl who's standing ... Her head seems a little small. And Pixelovewhatnow?
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Yeah, I have a really bad tendency to make heads too small. DX I TRY SO HARD, TOO! Lol.

But yeah, Pixelovely is a site with a figure drawing tool that is simply amazing.

They seem kinda squashed to me. Everything else............. gold, also the hand's seem a bit small.

Also a question if i may........Where do you draw during your Pixelovely tests?
    Last edited by Gedeon; 12-01-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Didn't see
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.