Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ♣♥♦♠ My unwitty return: Self-portrait + other junk

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    ○ Bacon: You are my favorite person.

♦ f e h
    Trying to plan colors... I'm not even sure if I want to use color on the final version. We'll see.

I'll be doing this traditionally. I'm thinking heavy inks and desaturated colors, if I decide to use them.

p a r t . t wo
    Arouzh's sister, Urophia. This is less of a final piece concept and more of an outfit concept. It's suuuuuper rough, but I'd like to see where it takes me. (Lolllll, drawing horses without a reference-- never doing that again.)

Also, I decided not to use colors on Arouzh.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    I'll be doing this traditionally. I'm thinking heavy inks and desaturated colors, if I decide to use them.
    Traditionally in what medium? Only inks?, or will you being going with something else now that you've opted to forgo colour? It's a bit of a shame about that, as I quite like the scheme. Also, I really like Urophia's design. What are her colours?

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    What exactly is this final project?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

○ Bacon: Funny you ask, because I honestly don't know. XD All we have to do is come up with work for ourselves from now until the end of the semester. You can do whatever you want, but it just has to reflect several weeks' worth of work. I submitted my design concept as "three pieces somewhat inspired by Alphonse Mucha with a dark, primitive mood." Vague, I know, haha.
    ○ Tay: I'm doing monochrome ink and wash for these pieces. I don't really like the colors I picked for Arouzh, mostly because it looks awfully firebender-y, lol. Urophia's design is navy, black, and tan . . . and I think there's a splash of red somewhere. The design keeps changing, but here are the old ones: [1] [2] This time around I got rid of any sort of skirt/bustle. Just keeping it clean.

There'll be a third one with their other sister, buuuut its concept is somewhat eluding me. D:

♠ o x i c l e a n
    Cleaned up the front view croqui. The sketch is only about four or five inches tall, so there wasn't a lot of room for detail. New things of note from the older designs I've posted on MT in the past are the quipu armbands (people killed in current battle) and the snake vertebrae (people killed in past battles).
    Also new is scalp scarification via cutting, woo. You can't really see it here, but I thought it might be worth mentioning. XD

The next update will probably include a finalized design for the back of the character and a more specific layout concept for the piece.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 11-14-2011 at 06:32 PM.

That one is like my fave @w@

○ Sketty: Thanks. I like it a lot, too.

♣ k e n d o t o r e . d a . f i r e n z e
    So yeah, the backside of Urophia's design looks like Ezio joined a kendo club, BUT I REGRET NOTHINNNG~

I left it all in grescale except the quipu, because I kinda like the red against grey. And um, yeah, that's about it. Her undercut looks weird because I drew the head kinda crooked. Heck, her undercut just looks weird in general because she's got a slight-but-not-true Chelsea cut. (It's an undercut with long ear fringe... AND A SIDE BUN.)
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 11-17-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Seefy, you come up with the most bizzare designs. @_@ If anything I need to look at more fashon and learn like you. Honestly, I really love how you do clothing. ;-;

Also, dat hair.

Haha, thanks, Jai. I'm thinking that the stripey parts will be like two-tone pliable wood, kinda like a chinese finger trap. (SO STIFF AND UNCOMFORTABLE~ But yeah, it works best with the worldbuilding... perhaps multicolored leathers, though--? Gotta think on that more.)

I could work with you on outfits, though. If you posted some stuff, I could give you suggestions and whatnot. I've done it with Rei a little bit. It's fun and really helpful.

And haha, yeah, the hair... Having weird hair myself, I feel obligated to bestow the privilege upon a few of my characters. (Headshot):
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 11-17-2011 at 02:30 AM.

The wicker doesn't sound like he would have to much fun trying to do some Kendo in them.

Aw man, your help would be awesome. I'll start to draw more fashion then!

Also, your hair is pretty cool. It's not often when you see people that bold with their hair. Most of the time it's not even a really good hairstyle, too. Characters with unusual hairstyles stick out, though

Blegh, not wicker; I edited it. Failailailail. But yeah, she kinda walks around really stiffly, haha. And she's not really into kendo. She's kinda like the commander-in-chief of her triumvirate nation. The military and government themselves are extremely dysfunctional under her supervision.

Yep, I'd love to help. If you mentioned the kind of direction to go in, things would be easier, too. ("He's a futuristic doctor, and I don't know what else to include!")

Thanks, too. :> I don't quite mind if people don't like my hair. I think it's interesting when people behind me whisper about it. The only thing that's kinda jarring/bothersome is when people try to touch it without asking. I have to go red instead of yellow, though, next week because we're getting Thanksgiving family photos done. . . . But I'm keeping the blue in JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO. And I'll probably do some brown and blonde, too. MY HAIR IS A CRAFT PROJECT.