Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: ♣♥♦♠ realistic-ish portrait, other things

I like the WIP and wanna see it finished. So:

You might wanna take this with a grain of salt. I might have just caught a red herring here, and since I didn't draw the full thing out, I can't be sure of my claims up there. Also, our styles are on opposite ends of the realism spectrum and you're the one more qualified to be critiquing a semi-realistic style.

/excuses for not being a good critter.
    Last edited by Matt; 09-04-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Dig them hips, I do have some crits, but I'm on my phone so I'll have to type them up later. Still lookin' good Seef!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    ○ Matt: Ooh, yeah, thanks for that. The solution seems obvious now, but it wasn't all too obvious when I was in the middle of it, haha. I'll definitely use those suggestions, but I'm not at HQ, so I don't have anything to draw with digitally.
    ○ Sparky: Thanks! And don't sweat it; I definitely understand the phone thing.

♥ a n o t h e r . W I P
    Beginning Drawing assignment. 18x34," already started shading with charcoal. Punching self in face for attempting background with zero experience. (ZERO CHARISMA?) Like, "Oh yeah, you know how to shade clouds with charcoal, right?"

LOL WRONG. Updates and sufferings later, haha.
    Side note: I also redid the shoulder width and made them narrower.

Banned
    The lips look a bit lopsided for some reasons, but apart from that good I think

○ Leannah: Thanks for the comment . . . and for commenting on pretty much every other thread around! And I agree; the lips were lopsided. I fixed that in the final sketch, but my shading was flawed and they got lopsided again. OTL

♦ c o n c e p t u a l l l l
    Some OC of mine, Florian. He is very educated and honored as such with large horns on his hat. Blahblahblah, I just wanted to draw the furry Kudu hat that's been on my mind and rework the character's face.

I still need to fix some things like cranial size and facial nuances, but yeah. C&C is still way cool. :>

In other news, I "finished" that wip I posted previously, but it still needs to be photographed, as it doesn't fit in my scanner--not even close. XD It still needs some shading and stuff done to it, but I figured you guys might want to see it, considering it is the most ambitious traditional project I've undertaken so far.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 09-13-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Good lord i want Florians horns above my fireplace!! Also yeah it would e nice to see the WIP finished. I know its pretty late now but it kinda seems that the anatomy is well.........thick. but hey let us see it!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

○ Ged: Haha, I'd want them above my fireplace too . . . actually, I need a fireplace first! XD And yeah, I agree what it was a little thick and flat. I tried to fix that, but I wasn't the most successful at it. I'll definitely update as soon as I can with a photo of it, though! I lost my memory card, so I can't get m camera working right now, haha.

♠ f i n i s h e d
    Yeah, I'm calling quits on this one. I messed with his jaw a little, changed his mouth, put texture on the fur of the hat, and color balanced the image. I like how the color balancing turned out; it adds another dimension to greyscale images. (I used cyan/magenta shadows, magenta midtones, and yellow highlights.)

You can click it to make it bigger.

+ c o u r s e w o r k
    Yeah so I'm in university now and I kinda am in art class and it kinda is torture, haha. Sorry for the bad photos; my camera is super grainy and likes to fisheye everything (all my hard perspective work down the drain!). XD

^ this is a wip, haha.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 10-16-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Agh, craaaap, double post. Ignore this. >.>
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 10-07-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Dude that negative space thing is awesome. it almost looks like a vector drawing. If the lighting on the photo was even, I would think it was.

Oh, thanks a lot! I'm happy with how it came out, because I didn't bring a ruler to the studio that day. o___o But yeah, to get an even value in such a large space I put down several layers of industrial Sharpie chisel marker.