Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: ♣♥♦♠ My unwitty return: Self-portrait + other junk

Wow they are really good!!!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Thank you! :>

AGAIN THE COOL TRIPY FLOWER PIC!!!! AWSOME!!!!!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

○ Gedeon: Thanks a lot!

♣ ! ! !
    Sorry for the ugly paper color. I honestly drew all this on a fluorescent yellow sheet of paper in the middle of Alaska History. Some characters from the Gen and Friends story arc. XD

Arba (not labeled), Layla, Gen, Di, azn!Kéran, fail!Bram (bottom-right), real!Bram (mislabeled as "Josh"), and Scarlett (Bram's [ex-?]girlfriend).
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 04-07-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Tween Member
    These are super-duper! I like the dude on the left the best.
    And I like the yellow paper! xD

○ Sparkley: Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the comment. (And also, welcome to MT!) I think that real!Bram and Gen are my favorites.

WOW, you're back!

*Semi-professional mode on*

Gen is my favorite. I love how you can make realistic people look good without shading; I can't do that. Also, that guy in the top left--those ear gauges would HURT. oAo

Colored paper doesn't really add or detract to picture quality, in my opinion. Least not with just line work. Apparently gray paper's better for grayscale shading.

I'm sorta back. DX I'm registering for university classes in three days. But at least I'm taking Intro to Drawing and Anatomy and Physiology, hopefully. Those should help me if getting my butt into creative gear, haha.

I like how I was actually able to draw Gen. He tends to elude my hand most of the time. He's got notable prominent features, but I have this deep-rooted tendency to make him look too old. I'm rather proud of how I avoided that this time. XD (I'm jinxing it--my luck will wear thin soon I bet!) I rely on shading too often to help me get my ideas across, so I've been trying really hard to resist using shading in some of my recent sketches. It's working a little, I think.

Grey paper is pretty nice. I work on a medium-grey canvas in Photoshop (50% is ideal, but since the cursor itself is 50% grey, I tend to used 60 or 40 instead so I can see where I'm drawing, lol). It's a good way to train artists to avoid using white. White pencil/charcoal can be used to raise the forms as a finishing process, but it teaches people not to rely on it.

But this yellow? It's kinda painful to look at sometimes. XD (It's brighter in real life than it is on the monitor.)

And if you stretch your ears slowly, it shouldn't hurt. Stretching should never hurt. Some discomfort/tenderness here and there is fine, but if it hurts, then you are stretching too fast and risk tearing/blowing out. Haaa, oh Arba. You're such a wimp, I'm surprised you can take it, even, sometimes. XD

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Seffy! Good to see you again! That yellow burns. How you'd managed to draw on that is beyond me. I like to sketch digitally on a bit of grey and in real life, i dunno, old paper seems to b easier to sketch on than smooth fresh-out-of-the-reem ones.

Still in luff with your unique style. Keep up the good works.

○ Knife: Oh, it's been so long! Good to hear from you again. Thank you for the comment. <3

♥ H e l l o . a g a i n
    Hey, I think I'm back, considering I'm all graduated and done with everything. This is all I've done.

My mortarboard (x2)
    The yearbook finally came in (if you remember me designing the cover on the old MT)
    A commission (purposefully rough)
    Another commission (not quite done)

Whether you comment or not, thank you so much for stopping by. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 05-19-2011 at 07:09 PM.