Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ♣♥♦♠ My unwitty return: Self-portrait + other junk

Its Cool

I envy your painting skills. ;A;

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    ○ Jai: Thank you. It's kinda like one-layer painting in Photoshop with a hard round brush and pressure sensitivity only working around 70%. XD But it's slower. AND THINGS MUST DRY, UGH. *canvaskick*
    ○ Reset: Thanks.
    ○ :''''D YOU ARE WONDERFUL. That means so much, considering you kick my butt in painting.
    ○ Renzo: Nononono, definitely not. XD But I'm glad you think so, at least. C:
    ○ Hama-chan (lol, OH, ME): Thanks! I almost would be tempted to do do it (save for my current dislike for painting plantlife right now…), but I'm too broke to buy more canvases in this size, and I'm unequipped/too weak to build them myself this time around. I will be working on a triptych next month, though, for a commission, so you can watch out for that. And I can't say I quite understand your question. D: But, if it helps, the way I paint my gradients is purposely not uniform/linear, because of my crooked eye and rough hand. For instance, the black-orange gradient arches up like ∩, but is shaped like a W, sorta. Then if you pay attention to the orange-yellow gradient on the bottom, you see that the transition is much smoother (I left the black-orange transition fairly stark to combat the bright white of the flower) and shaped like . So yeah, there's some funkiness going on with the background, and I tried to tone it down on the WIP you'll see below.
    ○ Gedeon: Thanks a bunch! <3

♦ W R E C K A G E
    Artistic wreckingball went through my room. Formal photos of completed works by Wednesday of next week--I promise, seeing as that's the deadline. :>

The tree on the left is a WIP for my sister and the tree on the right is a commission for a wedding. I've moved painting operations from ly living room to my bedroom floor, which is interesting, because I can't sit on the floor very well. My poor feet turn purple and swell whenever I do it for long periods of time. (Hence why tea ceremony was painful in Japan, both seiza and agura style sitting.)

I suggest you dont do it near bed cuz it makes you feel sleepy so easily.

About sitting style you mention I do it since I was little so its dont make me sick. Right now Im sitting like that! Hehe

Are you using a real life model for both of tree? (My college teacher taught me this: if drawing a tree using imagination alone you must using subdivs and fractals". But its so hard and cost lot of time just for drawing one tree so I never use it.)

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    My poor feet turn purple and swell whenever I do it for long periods of time.
    I suggest you get compression socks. Those help your blood circulation if you're going to be sitting (or standing) in one position for long periods of time.

Nice stuff Seefy! <3

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Dudette this is all amazing. I cant imagine all the hours you are putting in right now. My only suggestion is "DONT SPILL ANYTHING ON THAT RUG!" or your momma might kill you.

○ Rio: Oooh, that's a really good idea! Thanks!
    ○ Psy: Ugh, tell me about it! Four years ago I spilled fluorescent orange acrylic on my carpet at 4:30 AM. D: My mom was pretty mad. XD Thank you, though! <3
    ○ Reset: I do many things on/near my bed because I sleep everywhere--on couches, on the floor, on my bed, in chairs… So yeah, my bed doesn't really tell me "sleep" as much as my house in general does. And no, I didn't use a real life model. I did use a reference, though, because the client wanted a replica.

♠ Y a r g h
    Okay, tomorrow I'm leaving on a vacation for two days to Florida and the Bahamas, so just a heads-up about how updates will work this month. XD I also have to leave the house soon for a performance, so I'll try to make this fast:

Top: Draft for the tree (9x11")
    Actual commission (15x20")
    Details
    Size comparison of draft and final
    New painting (horrid photo because the flash keeps bouncing off the metallic gold paint; 18x36")

Sorry for not being active in forever! D:<3

(forgot to mention that the handwriting is a font traced onto the piece, not my actual handwriting, haha.)

Thanks, for looking, guys! Also, I'll try to be on periodically tomorrow before I leave to answer any questions (if you have them) in a more timely manner.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Really great stuff. I like how you did the tree itself, seems really...er, in shape. Instead of the random scrawls you usually see.

Might wanna avoid the storms down there >_>...good luck with that haha.

FFFFFT.
    FFT.
    I want to try acrylic now.
    ;a; THANKS ALOT SEEFSTER. ,

Oh but hey, I really adore the detail for the tree's c: Especially the branches and the "leaves" cccc:

EFFFFF I REALIZED I'M NOT QUITE DONE WITH THE PAINTING ON THE BOTTOM UGH WHY AM I SO FORGETFUL WITH THINGS AND MAKE RUN-ON SENTENCES IN CAPS OH WHY. XD

○ Gunz: Heeey, thanks! I keep drawing dead trees over and over and over again. I'm seeing some improvement, but I'm still having a hard time putting them completely in three dimensions in my head first. But with time, I think I'll improve. And aw, naw, are there REALLY storms going on down there right now! *hides in a box*
    ○ Erika: Acrylic is pretty alright if you know what you're doing with it. As of now, I'm fairly limited in "knowing what to do with it," though, haha. XD But you should definitely try! And thank you, those trees started kicking my butt at certain points because the detailing just got exhausting after certain points.