Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dante's Art

Dante's Art

hi my name is Dante
    i'm 17
    and plz help me to draw better

Last edited by Dante13; 07-24-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Anyways, please make a new art thread in the Critique Corner when you do learn to post an image.
    Seriously, dante?

Went ahead and moved these posts to the critique corner.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    The things I noticed off the bat:
    - The characters had no shadows on all three drawings.

First drawing:
    -You should try to center your drawing.
    -The bodies look a bit stiff in placement and there are irregularities between anatomical parts. When doing anatomy, try comparing one side of the body to the other; like look at the left side and comparing it to the right side. Are the arms the same size? Are the same thickness and length? And so on.
    -Try working on folds more. Right now, they all look like lines pushing in a bit making multiple little hills or semi-circles.

Second drawing:
    -Work on your perspective. The buildings look so flat and don't look like they reach high into the sky. Nice concept though.

Third drawing:
    -Same advice as I mentioned above - no shadows, try centering, and work on your folds.

Have you considered inking your work?

thank you very much
    i couldn't find my problems but now you say it thanks
    and for inking i hate inking arts because it make art's to seem abnormal
    i try to make my drawing better

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Well, I don't know about abnormal, but it does look different from the pencil version. Personally I prefer pencil work but it's usually hard to see plus it's always better to see it in person because you notice the details much better. If anything, try to copy the image and then ink it. That way you get inking practice but you also keep the original penciled drawing.

hi again
    i think i work better in perspective what do you think?

Last edited by Dante13; 02-19-2011 at 06:03 AM.

why nobody tell me how to work better
    plz somebody tell me

The "dante" draw is not perspective, its flat bro.You need more distortion at your drawing to make it perspective.
    Try to draw "vanishing point" first, and draw helper lines before draw main image. That's why you need inking your draw, cuz you need to erase helper lines that make a mess on your drawing.

The last image you got inconsistent line on the road.That's why you need one or more vanishing point where all your line meet up there.

Edit:
    I just realize it. Dante's right foot must be above his left knee, not parallel.
    Last edited by Reset; 02-20-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Well if you really want one...

I hate to be the nit-picking guy but like in the couch picture, the arm bends are in two totally different places, the shoulders are way too broad and the foot is over the knee as opposed to on top of it. In both pictures, the arm length proportions are way off. At least you did improve a little on perspective. Use a ruler or a straight edge of a paper at least to check everything.

You're improving on folds, but remember, folds happen at places like elbows, shoulders, knees and the groin. Right now it looks like the folds are making the clothing look baggier and over sized. (I don't know if that was what you're going for.)

I would check this link out here, it's great for anatomy (and furries, which I know you're not into but you can still skip to the human anatomy). Hope it helps.

http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/xhtml/