Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 113

Thread: Martial Arts Thread: Take 5?

  1. #71
    Man.... i don't have ANY martial art... Maybe, I'll just have to run when I wanna defend myself..
    well, maybe, Boxing is something that i have... Filipinos always Love that..
    If given the chance, I wanna learn Muay thai, Krav Maga,and Arnis(that's when I have a stick)

  2. #72
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Reset View Post
    Every martial art born at war because they need beat enemy at least kill em.
    Not complety true. Not all martial arts born like that. One of the tales about the birth of Kung Fu tells that it was made because Chinesse monk were lazy and fat and Kung Fu was created as a excersise way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reset View Post
    How worst you think about something useless in real fight like karate or taekwondo its have its own technique not that to be taught at school, at least taekwondo have stabbing technique using nail on your finger to pull out your heart that you don't even know that your heart is not in your chest again.
    Karate also have the use of nail and fingers (but both, karate and taekwondo don't use that).

    Quote Originally Posted by Reset View Post
    I ask a quetion to my master.If there opponent that you can't beat or some criminal willing to kill me, what i must to do?
    A: just poke his eye and run away
    Is the best solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reset View Post
    So every martial art master has its own solution to win fight using his technique and style. After all every master with solid defense or speed should be die if shot by sniper with anti tank round except he has instinct to live or run away or catch the enemy if he can. The last sentence its refer to ancient jiujutsu who gave birth to vale todo who can fight the black ops.
    Every martial art has its own style and solution. The deal is that the variation of things you know to find a solution. Ex. If you know nothing of grappling and have bad kicking, but good punching (like boxer), you are less efficent against someone attacking you with a knife.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reset View Post
    Its from what i read years ago:
    Karate: Its about who standing the last (pride)
    Taekwondo: polite behave
    There is always a phylosphy part with karate, that doesn't come from karate. Karate born as a self defense for the farmers, and the phylosophy its come from bushido, so the karate + phylosophy is a modern karate (less modern now, because there is a new modern karate that looks like kick boxing).

    Also I find karate bad to self delfense and for cops. If you have cops who know karate, and others who know vale todo. Who you think is best trained for his work?

  3. #73
    Regular Member Reset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Not complety true. Not all martial arts born like that. One of the tales about the birth of Kung Fu tells that it was made because Chinesse monk were lazy and fat and Kung Fu was created as a excersise way.
    You got me

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Karate also have the use of nail and fingers (but both, karate and taekwondo don't use that).
    I mean ancient art

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Every martial art has its own style and solution. The deal is that the variation of things you know to find a solution. Ex. If you know nothing of grappling and have bad kicking, but good punching (like boxer), you are less efficent against someone attacking you with a knife.
    I think your right

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    There is always a phylosphy part with karate, that doesn't come from karate. Karate born as a self defense for the farmers, and the phylosophy its come from bushido, so the karate + phylosophy is a modern karate (less modern now, because there is a new modern karate that looks like kick boxing).
    You got me again, yes its bushido

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Also I find karate bad to self delfense and for cops. If you have cops who know karate, and others who know vale todo. Who you think is best trained for his work?
    If it refer to his work i think its most suitable for them to train some kind that more agresive (i mean cops playing as cat and criminals play rat), but if its refer to this cop person i think the most fit him, whatever is,it is the best (i mean why should he join base ball club if he prefer football).

    Ughh, at least you not got me there, if you got me again as before i just poke your eyes and run away, hehehe
    Last edited by Reset; 02-15-2011 at 11:38 AM.

  4. #74
    Sir-Mass-a-Lot Sylux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,452
    Takin' Taekwondo, wanna take Haidong Gumdo. Also, Martial Arts are just expressive arts of war; they are not meant for anything, but are rather open to interpretation.
    Last edited by Sylux; 02-15-2011 at 01:11 PM.

  5. #75
    ハリセン クラプ Ace Pitcher Hayashida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PEPSI
    Posts
    9,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Takin' Taekwondo, wanna take Haidong Gumdo. Also, Martial Arts are just expressive arts of war; they are not meant for anything, but are rather open to interpretation.
    Man you do not know expensive until you do Kendo

  6. #76
    Regular Member Reset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    Man you do not know expensive until you do Kendo
    It's "expressive" man, he just edited his post.

    @Sylux:
    I just wonder when world war III would explode. There's must be 3 axis, and one of it is manga tutorial axis. uhuk, oh god, maybe I was drunk after smoking 48 cigarettes
    Last edited by Reset; 02-15-2011 at 03:44 PM.

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    501
    I agree that modern martial arts are for sports... even ancient martial arts (or martial arts that have been around since ancient times) are now have become oriented more to sports than its original purpose (which usually to kill or defend yourself in war zone). That's all because we don't have to kill other person again. Besides, who want to learn martial arts only to kill... you probably say yes without second thought... but think again and you will change your mind.

    That's why I said I want to learn the military martial arts (CQC)... it's modern martial arts designed to kill... or at least for real fights.

  8. #78
    ハリセン クラプ Ace Pitcher Hayashida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PEPSI
    Posts
    9,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Reset View Post
    It's "expressive" man, he just edited his post.
    oh lol

  9. #79
    Regular Member Reset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    I agree that modern martial arts are for sports... even ancient martial arts (or martial arts that have been around since ancient times) are now have become oriented more to sports than its original purpose (which usually to kill or defend yourself in war zone). That's all because we don't have to kill other person again. Besides, who want to learn martial arts only to kill... you probably say yes without second thought... but think again and you will change your mind.

    That's why I said I want to learn the military martial arts (CQC)... it's modern martial arts designed to kill... or at least for real fights.
    There is no need a reason for a man to be strong, so if it make me strong then its must be required

  10. #80
    Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Posts
    11,916
    Legit reason to be strong. Like srsly.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •