Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts Thread: Take 5?

Also you need to think in distance and obstalces (living and dead obstacles). Also think in the time of reaction he might have and the time of the move of your hand and body. Deal against a gun is hard and almost impossible, you need to be so quick that the other doesn't even get to pull the trigger before you get his aim lost.

Also this remaind me another reason why Karate is a bad martial art, its because you never get different experiense, with this sayed a Mixed Martial Artist is going to have to fight in grappling, sumission, punch, kick, etc. But karate just punch and kick (it has some grapplings, but not many). So of course the MMA is going to be more prepared to different situation, the karate kid is not well prepared. If I do a grapple in the head he will be mostly doomed.

Clock different styles mean different moves. Of course jiu jistu is going to have different moves from karate.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Yea, some of the blocking methods in karate are just stupid. I'd rather move out the way instead of attempting a block that'd do just as much damage if I hadn't of moved.

*Either internet is slow, or you guys are posting at light speed.

Karate has bad foot work in kata and fight, because the foot work used in fights is like the old kick boxing (waste of energy). Example in your video: You can see that both karate and jiujitsu fighter have both bad foot work. Karate fighter has a better center of gravity, but the jiujitsu fighter has a kick my please stand (his body look at front to the opponent) so both are wasting energy and this is inefficient.

A good foot work can be 1) don't move (one of the best for people who want to use punch and get inside the punch zone and out kick zone, because you can enter when the oponent doesn't expect it) or easy swim (a light swim that work to mark the tempo, is good for the ones who want to keep the kick zone). But this is importat, you shouldn't never let your feet go their own way and mark your moves. You can see in the video you put how the fighters mark their moves before they do them.

Also using your video again, both fighters have awful guards. Is amazing how the karate fighter didn't broke a limb of the jiujitsu guy before, because he even start jumping with the arms in the air.

Guard in Karate is bad, not only because you use block (block are only useful against especific attacks). A good guard doesn't need a block, because its supposed to cover the vitals and let you attack at the same time (you eat half a kick, butyou gave a entire punch).

About the stiffness. Most karate tradicionalist in here teach that, and they punch like that. So I learn that from them (and I disprove that from them). But hey, what is the difference between not tradicionalist karate and kick boxing?

Another problem with karate and also tkd is the kick. The impact of the kick is made with the talus bone, this bone can make more damage to you than the opponent. And other martial arts (more efficent) use the tibia a better weapon because it has a blade shape and is stronger.

Also, as I said, it has less variation of movements and of course the fighter has less experiense against more wide variation of movements.

And, dude, these are martial arts and also to self defense, if it can't accomplish to gave you a good self defense then is not good.

Muay Thai vs Karate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPns5FV3etQ

Brazilian Jiujitsu vs Karate (kenpo).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEm-SVGlJrg

BJJ vs Karate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhjn7i-JDks

Yes, when it comes to an all out fight, those styles are better than karate because it's just smash into your opponent and knock them down.

Hey, did anyone see Nat. Geo's Fight Science documentary on Ninjutsu combat? That one's based primarily on quick grabs and twists meant to break bones. Wonder if it could be hybridized with karate.

If I'm not mistaken, Japanese police are taught karate as form of their self-defense. So that means karate is something (at least not that bad). Since if it is, they will teach the policemen (and women) judo or aikido instead...

Judo is a sport, not a martial art. Aikido is useless if you want to actually take the lead in a fight.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Edit: Answered my own question.
    Last edited by indescribable; 02-15-2011 at 07:14 AM.

After reading 68 these 70Mbps post I conclude
    Hey are you all talking about modern martial art?
    All they have is: sport, defense, self control, and some kind of how to beat enemy.

Why don't just talkin bout ancient martial art. the martial art true form.

Every martial art born at war because they need beat enemy at least kill em. How worst you think about something useless in real fight like karate or taekwondo its have its own technique not that to be taught at school, at least taekwondo have stabbing technique using nail on your finger to pull out your heart that you don't even know that your heart is not in your chest again.

I ask a quetion to my master.If there opponent that you can't beat or some criminal willing to kill me, what i must to do?
    A: just poke his eye and run away

So every martial art master has its own solution to win fight using his technique and style. After all every master with solid defense or speed should be die if shot by sniper with anti tank round except he has instinct to live or run away or catch the enemy if he can. The last sentence its refer to ancient jiujutsu who gave birth to vale todo who can fight the black ops.

Its from what i read years ago:
    Karate: Its about who standing the last (pride)
    Taekwondo: polite behave
    Last edited by Reset; 02-15-2011 at 07:16 AM.