Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts Thread: Take 5?

Hey Dokken, I already saw that video, and yeah, the only way that karate win against a martial art is another useles martial art (drunken fist).

Dude, this is simple, Karate is bad, everyone knows it and most Martial Artists don't even see karate as a effective combat style.

Hamachi I have seen that guy, is pretty famouse, specially because he has a incredible time of reaction.

Listen clock, I already told you, if you're just going to bad-mouth karate then take a hike. You're lucky I'm not giving you a warning for trolling.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Ye Karate definitely isn't useless. It's p. awesome when done right, and in a good fight.
    But like all the rest of these martial arts except maybe MMA, they'll be little use to you in real life situations where there are no rules, no ref, no ring. So you'll more than likely end up abandoning trying to get all stylized and set up, and stray right into fight or flight mode.

I like that one killing move though. The one where you drive your [] up the person's [] so that the bone smashes into the brain or something.

Why trolling? I'm making here a discussion and I'm cleaming that Karate is useles. You say that karate is useful, then you need to show me some arguments of how useful is karate.

You bring a bad video, and I want a better one that prove your argument that Karate is not useles.

Also this is simple, if you make a fight between a Brasilian Jiu Jitsu and a Karate Fighter, who is going to win? The same goes for Muay Thai, Todo Vale, etc.

Edit: Or you just want to use your Mod powers in a reckles way?
    Last edited by ClockHand; 02-15-2011 at 12:21 AM.

No, this isn't a discussion. All I'm hearing from your side is "karate is useless". You're giving me no proof that it's useless. Secondly, you're taking these martial arts at face value. Obviously one is going to be better at beating someone up, because the history of them is different. Not to mention the fact that over time, martial arts evolve and their purpose change. Karate isn't just about how to hurt someone. It started out as a form of defence but now it is also a form of meditation and unifying mind and body. Other martial arts, such as ones you've pointed out are more for self defence. So to compare two martial arts and say that one is better than the other is a moot point. It's like saying a pitcher is better than a hitter. They're both baseball players, but their function is completely different, so comparing the two is extremely difficult and a pointless thing to do.

If you're looking martial arts only to beat up someone bad, then just go for "street fighting" style, or martial arts that involves a lot of locking (which is very good at 1 vs 1).

And remember that in real fight, you're not limited in what you have already learned (my guess, in those movies, those guys only use their "style"). In jujitsu/judo, there's no punch. But in real fight, you can lock someone, and then beat his face until he's faceless...

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Unless it's an unbalanced fight..you know, blades, projectiles, guns. Lol.

But that's against the rules!! D:

Uuumm... we're talking about martial arts, right? Since if not, then I will also say it's stupid to fight with martial arts when you can have weapons in your hand (like the trusty shotgun or at least a hand gun).

Are you saying that if you got in a fight with someone in the street, you would just shoot them rather than fight them man to man