Thread: Full Sail Scam?

Full Sail Scam?

Is it true? I've heard things like regarded as the Harvard for Video Gmae Devlopers and then I've heard this.
    [link='http://www.ripoffreport.com/trade-schools/fullsail-real-world/fullsail-real-world-education-p9cmm.htm']http://www.ripoffreport.com/trade-schools/fullsail-real-world/fullsail-real-world-education-p9cmm.htm[/link]
    The reason I'm asking is because it's almost time to choose a college, and it was one of them on my list untill I did some reasearch... now I'm all.. eh...

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    There's always mixed reviews about any school from what I've seen. A friend of mine actually attended Full Sail and as far as I know, he has a job in the industry and is doing fine after he was done.

There's actually several gaming schools I know of. Full Sail is one, there is also one in Texas (Guildhall at SMU) and in Washington (DigiPen). DigiPen has been around the longest, iirc, and from what I've read about Guildhall, they're pretty good with their materials and teachers.

Most of what you find on the internet about Full Sail is pretty negative. Why is that? I think it's because their admissions reps are less than honest with potential students... I'm guessing the admissions folks work on commission not unlike used car dealers and vacation time-share salesmen. Full Sail is expensive and many of the instructors are Full Sail grads.... interpret that as you will. The school requires as little as a GED and a checkbook for admission which sets the academic bar quite low. Here's a link to my blog about the school...

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    ^^Is your purpose in life to google 'full sail' and plug your blog?

Full Sail sounds a lot like some TV colleges, like ITT Tech and Vaterott. They'll finance you even if you don't qualify, and the classes are jokes. Maybe talk to a rep and take notes, and watch out for buzzwords and crap like that.

Interesting I was just browsing the website of Full Sail when I saw this post. I'm sceptic about the online education thing. You miss the real communication with smart people on campus. For example - when I was studing for an engineering degree I wasn't that good at electronics at all, all my focus was software developement. What happened is that I made a few friends that are smart and could help me alot with analog and digital design. And I was way better than them in software developement. So we were able to work as a team and help each other. And we were able to do some projects. I learned alot from them and they did learned from me too. I can't see that happening online.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    ^^^
    That's definitely something you can't do with an online learning experience but learning online is more for the folks who have a FT job and can't attend classes on a regular basis. It's something that each student will have to consider when enrolling. But enough about this - this thread is old. (And I'm taking out that link too)