Thread: Manga Studio 4 - Unicode Text

Manga Studio 4 - Unicode Text

Hi,

I'm having problems with Manga Studio 4. I can't seem to find out if it does support any other language than English. It should because there is a Japanese version. I've added a text and wanted to write something in Cyrillic. Windows already comes with full cyrillic support for most of the font so I selected the right font but when I switch my keyboard layout and try to type something - nothing happens. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Has someone else had that problem?
    Maybe I should submit a support ticket.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Maybe your keyboard isn't mapped to the keys at all with the font. You can check if you have Win 7 by going to the start menu and typing in "charmap" and open the program...that's all I can suggest, I dunno what's wrong.

I've also set Russian/Cyrillic charsets to all non-unicode applications but still doesn't work.
    Unfortunatelly I've just checked the tickets system and it says that Manga Studio doesn't support other characters that English.
    The only way to add them is to copy-paste from any other external application. I've tried that and works but is super unconfortable.
    I'm a software developer and it's hard for me to accept that they don't even support wide characters.
    Going to submit a support ticket but I don't think they'll make a patch. I wonder how the Japanese version work and if one don't have to copy-paste there why do I have to do this here.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    For the Japanese version you wouldn't have to do anything other than type normally. Since they use different keyboards, and the J version of MS is set to work with that. Just like the English version is set to work with english.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Is there any other software you can use that allows you to use Cryllic fonts? If it's another graphic software, you can easily save the Cryllic text as an image file and import into MS4. A bit round-a-bout but if you need to do it, you just have to work with what you can do...

Every software works with cyrillic. Even those that doesn't support it work because I have set windows to make all non-unicode applications use Bulgarian as default charset.

This is the first software that I've seen that doesn't support other characters than latin. They must have hardcoded the keys to the latin characters. Because if I just Copy-Paste from Notepad - it works. It's disappointing because it's a commercial software and that thing is not hard to fix and they have a ticket in their support system and instead of fixing it they say I should copy-paste.