Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Art Wars?

Art Wars?

Well, I've been thinking of this "Art Wars" concept, so here is how it goes. There will be several artistic groups, maybe around 4 or 6 groups (3-7 members per group). Then how this work is kinda like B-boy battle, one artist from each group will battle it out in an artistic manner through epic art rage one on one. The winner will be determine by public voting.

So whats's different? Despite it being 1v1 group mates can help out by providing ideas, advise, red-lines, and critiques, as long as they sketch it out, and colour it them self.

So yeah, in other words, its kinda like the "Artist Arena" we had a long long time ago except this one is a group battle. Before I kick things into gear, I want to know how many of you are interested, and yes, you can pick your own groups.

EDIT
    UPDATE!!!! PLZ READ!!!!
    You guys can go ahead and start picking out your teams, you can communicate via pm/msn/group boar chat, etc, however you like. Once you have your team, pick out a representative. Representative will be the person that I will be communicating with if there are any matters to discuss. It doesn't necessarily have to be the best artist, but rather the one with the most responsibility. After that, I would like the Representative to plz pm me your member list. You can only join ONE team, so no multiple team alliances.

All member list please be submitted before March 1st C: Thx!

Rules and regulations will be posting next C:
    So anybody interested? :D
    Last edited by doghateburger; 02-16-2011 at 09:27 PM.

I'm in.

Awesome sauce mate!

I should also mention that for people who are worry about their artistic skill level, I'm gonna say don't worry at all, this is an activity for pure fun, and a little rivalry, don't worry about lacking in skill or anything silly. The more you participate, the more you'll learn, and you might pick up something or two from this activity ;D

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    I'm rather interested. How often would one have to draw? Also, would all pictures be required to be full colour?

Who is going to deside the theme of the duels? or is like... I go, do a draw, and the other guy has to do something related but in his own way. Like, my draw is a challenge against him.

To Tay, well, not necessarily, it would depend on the situation most of the time C:

To CH, Well...I actually haven' thought of that, but I like what you suggested! Maybe each round we'll have a team decide the initial theme, then we keep going until for a certain time period, like for example, we give a week , and in that week, both artist can draw as many drawing as they like in relation to that theme, until the time is up...or something like that ._.? any suggestions? xD

I like that, because at the end is a 1vs1, so the number of entrys doesn't change anything (even so a limite would be good).

yeah I suppose, maybe a limit up to 5 piece per person before we put it up for votes? hmmm, actually, since this is a team game, we should have a point system. So maybe every round that a team wins, they get 1 point, and then at the end of the year, we see which team have the most point wins the epic art wars! 8D

That would mean we need to make more than 2 teams.

I agree but I think the sort of the people in each team should be random (is more interesting in that way).

hmmm.... I dunno, I would prefer self pick out teams, that way its easier for them to communicate with each other. And yeah, it would be better if we can get 4 or 5 teams C: