Thread: Newbie art which has one image in

Post Newbie art which has one image in

How are these two need 2 know how 2 improve them

Last edited by newosan; 02-12-2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: 'gosh darn the batteries are dead'

The second one looks decent, however try drawing her skeleton. If you can't. Draw it seperate, then overtop, draw her.
    Last edited by Maxx_Wellington; 10-26-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Wellington View Post
    is the first one a snake head eating an egg or a halo helmet?
    come on dude...lets use some tact in our speech when we give crits. Also I cant justify drawing a skeleton for the second pic...its just a chibi. Critique it for what it is and what the artist wants it to be, not what you want it to be.

that being said. I think the halo helmet is pretty good. the lines are a bit wobbly, so it seems a tad bit out of proportion. where you going for a "battle damaged" look?

i notice that this is a digital art...
    on the first drawing because you use dark color for the helmet.. its hard to distinguish/ notice that it is a helmet... well you can bolder the lines of the helmet so that we could see the helmet clearly....

on the second drawing... hmmm... i know its a chibi but i think the head needs improvement

I like the wobbly helmet As for the chibi....i can't see anything ^-^'
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I am sorry for having said the comment about the egg. It was wrong of me and there is no excuse.

However:
    Quote Originally Posted by NWAP View Post
    Also I cant justify drawing a skeleton for the second pic...its just a chibi. Critique it for what it is and what the artist wants it to be, not what you want it to be.
    The reason I suggested drawing a skeleton is that a rough draft of one looks like a stickman and has been the best toon I have while drawing a person, chibi or otherwize. The reason for this is that you have more of an anatamical sence of where your body is. That way, shoulders and hips aren't disporportionate. Even for the super deformed.

I will grant it, maybe I should have used the term "Stick figgure", however, given the fact that I use and oval for the chest and hip, I find it looks more like a rough skeleton and that's why I use it.