Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    Help how.. I don't understand. If they said that we should very similar brain patterns as our own percieved gender, how does that help the homophobes? Quite frankly I don't care about the homophobes, I care about whether what gender sign on my card will impede me from having a future job, thats why this research might help me get my rights.
    "Transgendered brains are different."

... ... That's great material for a homophobe. He can now say something is clinically wrong with you. *shrugs* As for your job? Females make more. So... Yeah.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    That's great material for a homophobe. He can now say something is clinically wrong with you. *shrugs* As for your job? Females make more. So... Yeah.
    Here's the slightly deflating caveat: this reverse gender gap, as it's known, applies only to unmarried, childless women under 30 who live in cities.
    Do you even read these articles before posting them?

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Under old management. I'm back and I want to know what you all think of the derogatory names that we as lgbt people are called? I naturally am offended by most of them but that's mostly because they are used as insults even if they are just words and could potentially be used in a joking or weirdly affectionate way. I do like "fairy" tho. Who doesn't want to be a fairy? Even if it is a negative comment on the way gays talk walk and just act I still kinda like it.

This is the first thing I'm responding to after a long holiday away from the computer (actually...it wasn't a holiday, I've been busy.)

Hm...I think it all depends on what terms, who's using it, and how it's used. It's kinda like the whole who can use "the N-word" and who can't. I mean, I obviously can't speak 100% from experience (since I'm not really even bisexual), but I can draw comparisions between what I've heard and or experienced. For example, my cousins and I call each other "bitch" or "whore" or "slut" jokingly all the time. I mean, Becky texts me as though my name is "hooker." But if Joe-blow on the street called me any of those-and they are derogatory terms normally--I'd be pissed off. So, for that, it's the intention. And I sometimes call my boyfriend "gay" jokingly, while he calls me "gringo" occassionally, and he and I don't take offense. But, again, if someone said it and meant it and had vehement behind it, yeah, we'd be ticked. So my vote is it depends on who uses it and how.

But I'm also torn because if a word was specifically created to cause pain and insult, I don't condone it's use. I mean, words like "bitch" have a purpose--we just use them wrong. Same for "queer" and "gay." These terms should not be used in a derogatory way anyhow, we've just corrupted their meaning. But something like the N-word (which I'm not even going to type, cause it could open up a whole new can of worms and I just don't want to deal with it) was to my knowledge created soley as a derogatory term. Correct me if I'm wrong. So, if a word's sole purpose for existing is for insult, I would say it shouldn't be used.

Hope that make sense. If it doesn't, I can come back and clarify, or defend, or concede or whatever. Anyway, I wouldn't call lgbt people something like that anyway, since we shouldn't be catagorized by our sexuality. I don't go around calling my heterosexual friends "straights" (well, I use that term, but I use it in the hippie termalogy of "straight laced" people.) I might joke with Marc on occassion, and he me (says I'm boring since I don't experiment much,) but I'd never do it to actually insult him. That's my take on it :P
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dragon View Post
    But something like the N-word... was to my knowledge created soley as a derogatory term. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's derived from the latin for black - nigrum, one of the forms of which is niger. See here. Originally the term was used in a neutral way, and to this day the facial features of black people are known as 'negroid' within anthropology, but it probably started to be construed as offensive because of the way it was used. For more information, see any media from the Great Depression.

I hate the word faggot I really do. =l
    Although I really don't have a problem with any other word. Is that wierd? >_>

I honestly couldn't care less. It's a word, big fucking woop. It's the ignorant jackasses themselves who annoy me not how they word their stupidity.

"Defects. Abnormal. Screw-ups." These are the true thoughts of people that stand against being gay, lesbian, and bisexual. Are they really that retarded? A human is its own individual, and these people are trying to prevent that! I mean seriously, WTF? If someone is homosexual, why the fuck do these people need to go out of their own way to mess up the lives of possibly millions of people? It sickens me to actually think this is my species' work. Hmm, now that I look at it, this is basically prejudice. I mean look at racism - the law disapproves of it, yet the same people who make these laws are too dumbfounded to realize that BECAUSE racism is prejudice it is frowned upon. The very definition of prejudice is making a certain, usually negative, judgement based upon a certain feature or features of a person or people. So now let's look back - we can apply this to going against homosexuality. Now let's use our logic:

Racism = Form of prejudice = Why it is Unacceptable
    Actions against homosexuality = Form of prejudice = Still acceptable?!

How can this be?! Are the people around the world this blind to recognize this? Unbelievable. I'm ashamed to call myself a human, or even just look at today's politics and governments. If this goes on, who knows what will happen when the next generation of politics arrives, and the generation after that? Is this what our world has come to?! You know what, screw it. I'm just going to go draw some more manga and wait until they realize that prejudice is wrong, and it runs in the retarded veins of our global governments.
    I'm here. Your life just got 0.000000000001% better.

=l
    This stuff just happens. But things are getting better.

(hopefully)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M3S1H View Post
    "Defects. Abnormal. Screw-ups." These are the true thoughts of people that stand against being gay, lesbian, and bisexual. Are they really that retarded? A human is its own individual, and these people are trying to prevent that! I mean seriously, WTF? If someone is homosexual, why the fuck do these people need to go out of their own way to mess up the lives of possibly millions of people?
    Among other reasons there is this book called the Bible. You may or may not have heard of it.

It sickens me to actually think this is my species' work. Hmm, now that I look at it, this is basically prejudice. I mean look at racism - the law disapproves of it,
    What country? If you think American law frowns on racism you're insane. Race based slavery never ended, we just got more clever about it. And don't forget that we are the biggest enablers of Israel and their policy of genocide against the Palestinians. And there's our own lovely history of genocide regarding the Native Americans and others.

yet the same people who make these laws are too dumbfounded to realize that BECAUSE racism is prejudice it is frowned upon. The very definition of prejudice is making a certain, usually negative, judgement based upon a certain feature or features of a person or people. So now let's look back - we can apply this to going against homosexuality. Now let's use our logic:

Racism = Form of prejudice = Why it is Unacceptable
    Actions against homosexuality = Form of prejudice = Still acceptable?!

How can this be?! Are the people around the world this blind to recognize this?
    To be fair, part of it stems from the belief that sexual orientation is a choice. "You can't help being black, but you can help being gay." Also the Bible is much clearer on homosexuality than it is on race. Also a lot of the people who perpetuate these homophobic laws and this culture of hatred are, themselves, closeted gays driven into semi-madness by their own denial and repression. It is not freak coincidence that so many top Republicans and top Nazis are/were closeted gays.

Unbelievable. I'm ashamed to call myself a human, or even just look at today's politics and governments. If this goes on, who knows what will happen when the next generation of politics arrives, and the generation after that? Is this what our world has come to?! You know what, screw it. I'm just going to go draw some more manga and wait until they realize that prejudice is wrong, and it runs in the retarded veins of our global governments.
    If you want a picture of the future imagine a boot stamping on a human face, forever.

Ninja Edit: But not really. The real picture of the future is a lazily reaching across the aisle and being slapped away, forever.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!