Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

SA is the king of help with stipulation.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Yeah I will continue to donate, just not money. It's just that, and you have to admit, the SA is the biggest, most reputable and able international help organization. So donating to them lends the confidence that your stuff is ending up in the hands of people who need it. I've donated to smaller charities in the area and I noticed that fledgeling charities tend to internalize the revenue for expansion rather than giving it to the people you want to give it to. That's the appeal of donating to something long-established like the SA. They don't really care to expand.

Just because a group is anti-something doesn't mean they don't help people.

Yeah but it's pretty hard to support an organisation that directly discriminates against something about you which is core to your identity.

Yeah but to boycott them or whatever is just useless propaganda. It's like okay either you're going to take the side of the gays or the guys who help impoverished people all over the world.

I don't think its exactly like that, as Psy posted there are other charities you can give to that don't disciminate. I see your point and I don't believe we should all boycott it either but I can see why someone in Psy's position would feel the need to.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I see where Psy is coming from--however, in locations like Alaska, many people can't afford to shop in places other than Walmart. That, and there aren't many choices (for instance, all our K-Marts shut down about a decade ago, etc.). But obviously, splurges like Dominoes can go out the window, as Cype said.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    I see where Psy is coming from--however, in locations like Alaska, many people can't afford to shop in places other than Walmart. That, and there aren't many choices (for instance, all our K-Marts shut down about a decade ago, etc.). But obviously, splurges like Dominoes can go out the window, as Cype said.
    I bet they shut down cuz of Walmart.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Most likely. Local businesses are being burned alive by Walmart, too.

It's the power of Walmart, you can't compete against him; he destroy and burn everything that tries it.

Edit: related to the thread:

D=
    Last edited by ClockHand; 12-12-2011 at 01:20 AM.