Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

Isn't naive to change your sex and hope for your partner to understand your decision and keep being a couple? I think horror or mostly shock is the most normal feeling, hate by the other hand is in a tiny edge to insanity.

There is a big deal with "they've made a choice to be the gender they wanted", because if you threat them like monster or the sex they use to be they are attached forever to never achieve the sex they wanted. There is a point of appearance, for psychology and a point for social acceptation, you can change the body and they can accept them self (mostly because they are already psychologically accepted as that sex, the most important acceptation in the sex change is the identity ratification, that the person is happy in how she/he look), but the social acceptation is the complex one.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Possibly, though, I never claimed to be sane. I'm a pretty passive-aggressive person.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

I can understand being mad because they didn't tell you up front. I don't know how anyone would think that its ok unless they are incredibly naive about how other people would feel/react to finding out something like that. I'm more talking about in general, where if you meet someone, and start getting to know them and they tell you while you are friends or when you have just started to be a couple. I think it must be a really difficult decision to make to have a sex change, and something that you would have to be really serious about to go ahead with. So despite what your emotional reaction is you should try to let a rational response be the one you show.
    I'd be mad as hell if I felt someone hadn't told me something like that in good time too though.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Victoria Jackson has never been one to mince words, having stirred controversy for sounding off on both Occupy Wall Street and the portrayal of gay characters on "Glee" this year.

Now the former "Saturday Night Live" actress and outspoken Tea Party columnist is taking things up a notch, joining forces with pro-life activist Jannique Stewart, The Patriot Update's Ann-Marie Murrell and editor and activist Jennie Jones to launch "PolitiChicks," a new web-based weekly talk show in which the women discuss their ultra-conservative viewpoints in a format similar to "The View." The first episode is a critical take on both marriage equality and Muslims.

"Islam says kill gay people that's why I don't get why liberals are pro-Muslim, and pro-gay," Jackson asserts on the show, adding, "We're lucky that most Muslims are lukewarm or we'd all be dead."

As the show's site proclaims, "Conservatives have few outlets in the media. Other than Fox News and a few talk radio shows, Conservatives are greatly outnumbered. TV talk shows and news programs are inundated with liberal robots spewing their hatred toward all-things-Conservative; so the folks at Patriot Update have created an alternative.".

Watch the first installment below:
    SPOILER! :

So i decided to put this here because it is partly LGBTQ related but its more political and horrifying. I came across this and i was like "well lets see how this goes" and i kind of regret it. Part of it is just them talking smack about liberals or making up statistics (one case of "I heard" is not a fact to me and neither are the supposed "Hundreds of cases" that were skipped over). Then it goes to "We out number them" (saying conservatives out number liberals) which i have no idea why that matters? A call to arms? I dont know but fishy still. Any whoozle im not very political but id like to hear what everyone has to say.

I would like to say to say they're all so narrow in their scope. There are some churches out there who are willing to marry lgbt couples. That aside, they're saying the churches are going to be forced to "bend" their beliefs, which impedes on their rights. What about all the few churches who believe it's okay to preside over lgbt marriages? Their right to marry lgbt couples is being impeded upon--not mention that gay marriage should be legal anyhow. Not everyone marries at a church.

Further, they're all dumb, but the woman bringing up "photography," is giving using a very shallow and meaningless example. Her statement: "I do not want to photograph someone's homosexual wedding." Hmm...how would she feel if someone said "I do not want to photograph someone's " What if I didn't want to photograph a Christian wedding? Or "I'm a big racist bigot, and I don't want to photograph a wedding with someone of a different race?" Oh, that's "different." Because these stupid people probably don't even believe a person is born lgbt--they think it's a choice. Throw reason out the window.

Side note, I bet not one of these "chicks" has even picked up the Qur'an. And I can name terrorists who weren't Muslim: Timmothy McVei. Or how about the Columbine shooters? Nope, they're Muslim, these chicks say so. And the Bible is not peaceful everywhere. There's plenty of "kill 'em" here and there, but I better not say that because I'd be discriminating against them (even though, it's in writing! Or type.) I'm just a "loud mouth liberal."

***Oh, and I was too slow to post this, but on the previous subject of transexuals in relationships with straight guys, I watch this movie and it was decent. The main character (Wintchell) was a little irritating how slow he was (but, I guess that was the point) and I really disliked his roommate (Fisher) even if he had something wrong with him. I think my favorite characters were Calpernia and Diaz. I mean, it's a little different than the previous topic, but I wanted to post it cause it was a good film. ***

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 11-18-2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Had to clear up a sentence. Edited again, added a video
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    So, fun video. Figure most people here would have seen it by now, but he's a damn good orator.

My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Fenn
    Wow. Damn good speech, and not at all confrontational, which really helps considering how many guards some people throwup as soon as the topic arises.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Yup its that time of year agian! Time to say no to the salvation army. *late*

Quote Originally Posted by LGBTQNATION.com
    Our friend Bil Browning over at the Bilerico Project has doubled-down on an important message this holiday season. He’s getting a lot of attention this year for a blog post titled “Why You Shouldn’t Donate to the Salvation Army Bell Ringers.”

The now annual post receives thousands of hits on his popular blog and for good reason. He’s asking people to avoid the bell-ringing Santas outside every supermarket and mall across the country.

And with money as tight as it is this year, we can’t help but agree with him. The Salvation Army has long been a Christian missionary association. It would be one thing if they, like some Christians, practiced tolerance and equality towards the LGBT community, but as Bil points out, since 1986, The Salvation Army has been involved in at least 5 major assaults on LGBT equality:

When New Zealand considered passage of the Homosexual Law Reform Act in 1986, the Salvation Army collected signatures in an attempt to get the legislation killed. The act decriminalized consensual sex between gay men. The measure passed over the charity’s objections.

In the United Kingdom, the Salvation Army actively pushed passage of an amendment to the Local Government Act. The amendment stated that local authorities “shall not intentionally promote homosexuality or publish material with the intention of promoting homosexuality” or “promote the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship.” The law has since been repealed, but it led many schools and colleges to close LGBT student organizations out of fear they’d lose their government funding.

In 2001, the organization tried to extract a resolution from the White House that they could ignore local non-discrimination laws that protected LGBT people. While the commitment would have applied to all employees, the group claimed that it needed the resolution so it “did not have to ordain sexually active gay ministers and did not have to provide medical benefits to the same-sex partners of employees.” After lawmakers and civil rights activists revealed the Salvation Army’s active resistance to non-discrimination laws, the White House admitted the charity was seeking the exemptions.

Also in 2001, the evangelical charity actively lobbied to change how the Bush administration would distribute over $24 billion in grants and tax deductions by urging the White House deny funding to any cities or states that included LGBT non-discrimination laws. Ari Fleischer, White House press secretary, issued a statement saying the administration was denying a “regulation sought by the church to protect the right of taxpayer-funded religious organizations to discriminate against homosexuals.”

In 2004, the Salvation Army threatened to close all their soup kitchens in New York City to protest the city’s decision to require all vendors and charities doing business with the city to adhere to all civil rights laws. The organization balked at having to treat gay employees equal to straight employees.

While no one wants the services the Salvation Army provides to end for those they help, we must be cognizant of where are pennies are going when we drop them in the shiny red kettle. In addition to these anti-gay fights which the Salvation Army has participated in, they have also fought in court in defense of their virulently anti-gay hiring and employment practices. So please understand that the pennies you drop in those buckets may be going to lawyers which are defending bigotry in court and coming nowhere close to buying clothes for the homeless this winter.

Instead of putting your pocket change in the kettle outside the mall, why don’t you give one of these inclusive organizations a try:

Goodwill – doing much of the same work the Salvation Army does, but also focusing on the disabled and unemployed.
    The Ali Forney Center - providing shelter for homeless LGBT youth in New York City
    True Colors Residence – Cyndi Lauper’s new shelter for homeless LGBT Youth
    Doctors Without Borders – providing medical and emergency relief all over the world
    Urban Peaks – assistance for homeless LGBT youth in Colorado
    article and link to site LGBTQNATION.com

Here is another list of companys that are anti LGBT
    SPOILER! :
    BOYCOTT THESE ANTI-GAY COMPANIES! Do NOT give them your money! Let’s make it clear that no business has the right to profit if it discriminates against love! REBLOG, spread the word, and commit to change!

A-1 Self Storage Company: Terry Caster is the owner. It is a family (third generation) run company. They have over 40 locations in California. The Californians Against Hate blog reports: “Mr. Caster and his family have contributed $693,000 to the Protect Marriage campaign. That makes the Casters the 2nd largest individual donors to Yes on Prop 8.” [GuyDads]

AutoZone Inc: Does not offer domestic partner benefits to their employees. The company can discriminate against and exclude same-sex couples in ways they can’t do to opposite-sex (married) couples. A Fortune 500 company. [HRC buyers guide]

CBRL Group Inc. (Cracker Barrel restaurants) Operates 579 full-service Cracker Barrel restaurants and gift shops in 41 states. The business has a long history of discriminating against gays and blacks, both as employees and dinners. It had an HR policy from 1991 until 2002 that said “It is inconsistent with our concept and values, and is perceived to be inconsistent with those of our customer base, to continue to employ individuals in our operating units whose sexual preferences fail to demonstrate normal heterosexual values.” Seventeen workers were fired because they admitted or were assumed to be gay after the first few months that the policy was created. [Wikipedia] A spokesperson in 2008 said Cracker Barrel “welcomes all guests, and our equal opportunity employment statement clearly states that we will not tolerate discrimination based on sexual orientation.” However, it does not offer diversity training, domestic partner benefits or any support for their GLBT employees. It has a Corporate Equality Index score of 15/100. [HRC]

Cinemark: Alan Stock, Cinemark’s CEO, gave $9,999 to the “Yes on 8” (Protectmarriage.com) campaign. Cinemark has 2700 movie screens in North and South America. In northern California they mainly operate under Century, CinéArts and Cinedome name. [GuyDads]

Dish Network: Company shareholders recently (6/08) shot down a proposal that would bar the company from discriminating against employees based on their sexual orientation. Dish Network also chooses not to carry LGBT cable networks Logo and Here! [Queers United]

Domino’s Pizza: While Domino’s does not directly contribute to anti-gay activity, founder Tom Monaghan has contributed heavily to initiatives and organizations that oppose the rights of GLBTs. He is a co-founder of the Thomas More Law Center, which is advocating in court to restrict access to domestic partner benefits, and in 2001 financed a ballot proposal in Ypsilanti, MI to remove sexual orientation from that city’s non-discrimination ordinance. David Brandon, the current CEO, also opposes gay marriage.

ExxonMobil: Eliminated domestic-partner benefits for same-sex partners when the two companies merged in 1999. It is the largest Fortune 500 company that does not offer domestic-partner benefits. It also refuses to ban discrimination based on orientation and gender identity. [HRC buyers guide]

Golfland Entertainment Centers: The Kenneys, the family that owns and runs this business, were big donors to the “Yes on H8”. Together they contributed over $35,000 to take rights away from gays, lesbians and their families. They run a chain of family fun centers in California and Arizona. [GuyDads]

Insure.com (online insurance quote-comparison portal): The Company is a major sponsor of Bill O’Reilly’s radio talk show and Bill gives voice to their commercial. In addition to selling insurance, they provide information about the insurance industry. In an article on the business website entitled “Top five ways to kill yourself and get away with it”, They lists the number one way to kill yourself: “1. Being gay.”
    [boxturtlebullentin.com]

Manchester Grand Resorts: Doug Manchester, owner of San Diego’s Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel and Grand del Mar Resort gave $125,000 to Yes on Prop 8 campaign. [boycottmanchesterhotels.com]
    Update: 10 month boycott has so far cost the resort about $7 million dollars in lost business. Manchester has offered a $25,000 cash gift to a national organization that supports only civil unions and to make $100,000 in hotel credits to GLBT organizations. Gay groups turned down the blood money.

Meijer Inc. (Retail supercenter) Owns 180 huge grocery and general merchandise stores in the Midwest. It is a family owned business. The only good thing to be said about Meijer is “they don’t engage, that we know of, in any activity that would undermine the goals of equal rights for GLBT people,” said Jay Smith Brown, a previous HRC director for communication strategies. It has a very low Corporate Equality Index score of 15/100. It does not offer diversity training, domestic partner benefits or any support for their GLBT employees. [HRC]

OutsidePride.com: Sounds like gay banner website but, in fact, is an on-line seed and lawn care retailer. Troy Hake, the president of Outside Pride, sent a homophobic manifesto to the participants of his company’s email list, trying to rally them in a full-on campaign against “the whole CBS homosexual cartel”. He says he is not a bigot but is tired of homosexuals rewriting history. [The Consumerist]

Salvation Army: This “non-profit” religious organization is anti-gay and actively lobbies against pro-gay legislation in the US and abroad. The money you put in that red kettle is going to anti-gay evangelical Christian lobbyists. They believe that since they’re a “church” they have the right to not hire gay people because they are sinners. Salvation Army reserves the right to discriminate in hiring, promoting, and firing gay people, and in the benefits they provide their employees. And they come right out and admit that “practicing homosexuals” are not welcome in the “church.” [americablog.com]

Urban Outfitters: Richard Hayne, the Chairman of the hipsterish Urban Outfitters, is a notably right-wing Republican who generously supports GOP candidates and causes that vote for legislation against gay marriage. His company also operates stores under Free People and Anthropologie name.
    NOTE: Glen Senk, the CEO of the parent company, Urban Outfitters, Inc., is an openly gay man who has been in a committed relationship for over 30 years. However, Richard Hayne is still the founder and current chairman and does indeed have a record for supporting right-wing Republicans who are against abortion and gay rights. [NYMag]

Wal-Mart Stores Inc.: Does not offer domestic partner benefits except in locations required by law. Wal-Mart is the largest retail seller of books but refuses to carry any LGBT titles in their stores. [HRC buyers guide] Wal-Mart CEO Mike Duke and his wife signed petitions to ban adoption for same-sex couples in Arkansas. [KnowThyNeighbor.org]
    Last edited by Psy; 12-11-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    TBH, I donate to the salvation army and I support LGBTQ rights (though my personal beliefs are mixed). I mean, when it comes down to it, we only have the luxury of debating about stuff like lifestyle choices because we have everything else we could possibly need. I wouldn't put starving kids in third-world countries on the backburner for that, no offense. Of course, I could very well do without Dominoes Pizza, Walmart or Urban Outfitters. Couldn't care less about those. Though the biggest SA efforts are in Africa, which is ironic considering, like the Japanese Bushido, a handful of older African tribal cultures had concepts of "manly love". Except, unlike the bushido, they would have anal sex with each other.

I can see your point and agree with you. I dont want people to stop donating to them entirely. I am fine with donating clothes blankets and what not but money is where im iffy. If I can be assured that the money that people are putting in the bucket is not going to lobby for anti lgbt things then I would not even care for the most part. I cant say for sure that they are deffinatley using that money for anti gay purposes but considering they are a non profit orginization then there money comes from cheritable donations and government funding ment to either maintain the facilities they operate or help them help others. They shouldnt have the money to lobby for such things. To fire people to for being LGBT is going to far. They are saying you cant be gay and help people that need it.

Help shouldnt come with a stipulation and im sure that it doesnt in all of the SA but it doesnt make up for those few that do right? The other companys I myself dont use (im alergic to wheat so no dominos, I dont/cant drive so no exxonmobile/kragens now o'reileys i believe, and im too poor for the rest. Walmart is an unfortunate case that im going to struggle with>) and it was a way to inform people about the other possible ways you support the side you may not want to.