Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

And then Gedeon was already fully aware he was a zombie.

Well he HAD chunks of meat in his mouth and i saw somebody's corps in his clost in some of the pic's he posted on the "What do you look like"thread.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    If demons are the representations of who have oppressed others...
    First of all, why would a character use gay logic to defeat demons? The battles are formatted so that you're either defeating your oppressors by winning them over or defeating them by pummeling them with your arguments. So to "win" the game you have to be a proponent in allowing the gay character to be gay. To lose the game, you have to succumb to the forces that don't want him/her to be gay. I don't see how that isn't pro-LGBTQ. I wouldn't think so if I just got to hit them with the axe. I mean the fact that you don't even get to use the axe is pretty suggestive. Why wouldn't an adventurer use an axe to kill a demon? Why debating?

Also, the demons aren't just arbitrary evil things. They represent people whose attacks consist of clear anti-gay sentiments. And you're fighting against them. I mean that alone is like a blatant metaphor. See, that's the difference between having a game about a gay guy and having a game with pro-LGBTQ undertones. If it was just a game about a gay guy...why wouldn't s/he be fighting Orcs and Goblins like the straight adventurers in every other RPG? Why is s/he fighting //enemies// -- and the player is made to interpret these things as enemies -- which represent anti-gay sentiments? If you take Donkey Kong Country and just say "well Donkey Kong is actually gay", it's just a game about a gay monkey. If you take Donkey Kong and say "well, Donkey Kong is a gay monkey and King K'Rool is an evil crocodile that exists only to oppress his sexuality and must be defeated", it's a pro-LGBTQ game.

And yeah, jubeh, it might not go along with what they were doing...but it is what the game implies.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    If you take Donkey Kong Country and just say "well Donkey Kong is actually gay", it's just a game about a gay monkey.

I KNEW IT! ...all those bananas...and he only wears a Tie.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Today is national coming out day (if you hadnt been informed allready or you were wondering about the plethera of gay content on tv today) so lets talk and celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by About.com
    National Coming Out Day was founded by Robert Eichberg and Jean O'Leary on October 11, 1988 in celebration of the second gay march in Washington D.C. a year earlier. The purpose of the march and of National Coming Out Day is to promote government and public awareness of gay, bisexual, lesbian and transgender rights and to celebrate homosexuality.

National Coming Out Day is a time to publicly display gay pride. Many choose this day to come out to their parents, friends, co-workers and themselves.
    About.com:NationalComingOutDay

If i may i suggest that you watch "Our america with lisa ling: Pray the gay away?". She is fallowing the lives of a few people that are going thru the process (or have gone thru) to become straight and or trying to balance being gay and religious (which I personally think is a bit of a contradiction but thats just me). if i can find a youtube video of it i will post it.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    How is being gay and religious an oxymoron? That's like saying being black and religious is an oxymoron.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Because without exception every single major religion in the Western world preaches that homosexuality is a sin? Because the Bible, a book that is the foundation of most Western religion, claims that homosexuality is a criminal offense and an abomination before God and that the correct punishment for it is death? Because religious groups are at the forefront of the anti-gay movements of the world and outside of religion it is pretty much literally impossible to try and offer a reasonable (in the sense of having reasons) reason to oppose gay marriage and other aspects of gay rights?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Because without exception every single major religion in the Western world preaches that homosexuality is a sin? Because the Bible, a book that is the foundation of most Western religion, claims that homosexuality is a criminal offense and an abomination before God and that the correct punishment for it is death? Because religious groups are at the forefront of the anti-gay movements of the world and outside of religion it is pretty much literally impossible to try and offer a reasonable (in the sense of having reasons) reason to oppose gay marriage and other aspects of gay rights?
    I heard an argument that the only anti-gay sentiment in the Bible is the story of Sodom and Ghomorra, and even that is not competely clear-cut. True or fallacy?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    That is complete and utter bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus 20:13
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
    And for the NT
    Quote Originally Posted by Romans 1:26-27
    For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    EDIT: That homosexuality is absolutely awful is one of the few things upon which the Bible is consistent. Amusingly, the other thing the Bible was pretty consistent on is that Jesus was a communist. But that's neither here nor there.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Because most people are Christian ... Oh wait.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.