Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

Can't play the game, not much to say.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Then STFU. You're whining about me discussing the topic, yet you have nothing to add other than that. I mean, can you be any more hypocritical right now?

If I look at it from the point of view that the character is me then I get what you guys are saying. Though despite it asking me if I was male or female I felt like I was controlling a random teenager so for me it was fine.

Well, yeah. I agree with you there. I understand the character is a teenager. And I understand s/he speaks as a teenager does. I'm just debating whether or not that's the best VOICE to represent yourself with when it comes to a controversial issue. Like if I'm going to debate abortion, I'm not going to voice my opinion like a teenager. You know what I mean? It demands very little respect. Especially since there are good arguments to be said for supporting LGBTQ people that aren't being said or being said in a way that detracts from their merits.

I didn't feel the game was an argument about anything. Like the developers said they just made it so it would exist, since people seem to be afraid of not "doing it right" when it really just needs to be done in the first place.

Well I mean it's a game about a "different" person defeating demons which represent the people who have oppressed him/her. I interpreted that as pretty pro-LGBTQ, so I figured they might use more compelling material if that's the route they're taking.

If demons are the representations of who have oppressed others, then 90% of video games are pro-LGBTQ. For my the game is to blunt and direct about it, they tell you "play this game where you use a gay teenager kid fight the demon who oppressed him, using the typical arguments a stereotypical gay teenager would use".

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Well I mean it's a game about a "different" person defeating demons which represent the people who have oppressed him/her. I interpreted that as pretty pro-LGBTQ, so I figured they might use more compelling material if that's the route they're taking.
    That really doesn't go along with what they were trying to do at all though if you read that blurb

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    No, John, you are the demons.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

But we already knew that Kodos.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.