Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I have no idea what that is and yes I could google it (and since it was posted here I would assume it has some lgbt element to it) but knowing nothing about it will likely stop me from doing so.
    When you ask a question in a thread you have to give some info on it like what it's about (without giving spoilers). Otherwise it's like asking "hey guys did you see that thing?" and expecting everyone to just know what you mean.
    So please if you will just put a little summary in there to catch the interest of some people but not so much to spoil the movie itself (I'm assuming it's a movie) thank you.
    A movie by Pedro [namebutcher] Almodovar [/namebutcher] that deals with themes of prejudice and tolerance regarding transvestites (who I'm assuming are part of the LGBTQ community but I could be ignorant) as well as homosexuality and AIDS.

Thank you for not raging at me.

Hey clock, you get a chance to see Law of Desire (La Ley de Deseo)?

It's about a homosexual film writer who falls in with an obsessed fan (Antonio Banderas) and his family (a brother who is now his sister and the relationship he and his father had, as well as a daughter he had before his gender-change--I think. I forget whose daughter she is...it's been a while.) Anyway, its this weird tangled web with his family and religion and this fan who won't leave him be. It's a really good film, though definitely pretty dark as well. I figured since you like Almodovar films, you may have seen it, too.

Lots of butt shots, too, of Antonio Banderas (though his character is a creep.)

IMDb Website
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Ah!! I love Antonio Banderas. Also, today is the day Don't Ask Don't Tell comes into effect.
    Great day today!

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    Ah!! I love Antonio Banderas. Also, today is the day Don't Ask Don't Tell comes into effect.
    Great day today!
    Wait I'm confused didn't the LGBT community want that gone?

No i meant the repealling of it. My mistake. Sorry. VERY SORRY!!!!!

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    No i meant the repealling of it. My mistake. Sorry. VERY SORRY!!!!!
    Okay, for a second I thought everything I knew about life was wrong. That usually only happens in Delph and Kodos threads...

BlueDragon@
    No I haven't see it, and I know its kinda old but I just haven't watched.

My favorite is Hedwig and The Angry Inch, its just awesome and inspire me a lot for painting.

A few days ago I went (alone duuh) to a exposition that showed the sketches of Francis Bacon, and it was quiet interesting if you knew he was gay, but beyond that, his representation of the sexuality in his sketches where you can see a problem choosing the sex of his paints (example, a dick over a vagina) and also in his interpretation of faces (the faces on the sketches are a mess). Which made me question myself, was he gay or his sexual identification goes beyond that? Because in his sketches you can see a problem choosing the sex of the characters, he deform the face of those and even more he always do them with glasses and mustache (you can barely see those features on the draws because are a mess) which obviously have a big deal with his father relationship (but some people claim that in some moment it was more related to one of his lovers... still I don't know), and finally in his finished job he obviously destroy the human face making it anti-aesthetic and asexual in certain point.

Well the text was just to gave a moment and though to a great painter who was also gay.

Last edited by ClockHand; 09-20-2011 at 11:41 PM.

^That one's craaaazy :3 I think we should start a LGBT movie thread. There are so many good ones! Besides Broke Back Mountain, which is all a lot of people can think of for this genre. There are plenty of good ones that deal with the subject in a positive light.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

It will die, trust me. Any movie thread I have tried to make has die -.-

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Thank you for explaining fenn that was a very nice summary.

I think I've only seen one real gay movie (I honestly don't know it to Wong Fu counts) an it's "get real". About a highschool kid that gets into a relationship with a popular guy from school and is trying to play it all straight because in his town gays are seen as perverse sickos. It was really good when I saw it but I haven't watched it in forever. To YouTube!