Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I am late reporting this one and posting this in full because i didnt like the site when i opened it up. (to many pop upy kinda things) Allso has nothing to do with LGBTQ other than it being about WBB (An enemy of LGBTQ people) so forgive the slight spamishness of this one please.

Quote Originally Posted by DeskofBrian.com
    The Westboro Baptist Church once again makes the headlines. This time however, the good news is that they were foiled in their attempts to disrupt another serviceman’s funeral. Mississippi gives the Westboro the kind of welcome that we would all like to give.

Since we have reported on the Westboro Baptist Church a few times here, it is fitting that we update you on the latest.

Last Saturday, USMC Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers was laid to rest in Brandon, Mississippi He was killed in action in Afghanistan on April 7th. Many of the town’s residents paid homage along the route of the fallen hero as his body was transported home.

Most notably absent were the Westboro protestors who planned a large demonstration at Sgt. Rogers’ funeral. According to an Ole Miss message board, a tidbit of info………..

“A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

Rankin County handled this thing perfectly. There were many things that were put into place that most will never know about and at great expense to the county.

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business.”

It might be legal for the protestors to be there, but it isn’t right. Thankfully, the citizens of Brandon agreed and arranged for these slight incidents to keep the unwanted pests away. The Westboro mob never made it to the funeral and Sgt. Rogers was laid to rest without incident.
    While i applaud there efforts and thank them for taking care of these people i would like to note that violance is not the answer.

Revenge is so sweet. Nice to see the get a taste of their own medicine.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Yeah! Let's beat up people who voice horrible opinions! That's good and moral behavior!

I hate WBC with the passion of a million suns, but this is stupid and wrong. You can't even argue that it's justified violence, because their message is so hateful, because these are the funerals of US Military personnel we are talking about. People who joined an organization engaged in war crimes and countless atrocities, and that until very recently would not even lets open homosexuals into it. So in the game of "which group causes more harm?" the US Military vastly beats out the WBC.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I do agree with kodos. I like that the wbb were stoped but I don't agree with the methods used. First beating some one up for having an opinion then falsely accusing others of crimes or (semi) holding them against there will is wrong on allot of levels. Freedom of speach is for everyone (no matter how stupid or hateful that speech or person is) and that was purposely taken away from them by any means necessary (I feel a bit dirty now). I think joining the military is an excuse to shoot some people (usually brown ones) and get away with it.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    The US Military is an organization that is overwhelmingly evil and I have very little respect for anyone who willingly joined it during the last half-decade or so. It is plainly and overtly monstrous and the moral imperative is clear that we have an obligation to resist it and, at the very least, deny it our aid.

But that's neither here nor there. I only brought up the fact it's the military to point out that you can't even make an "ends justify the means" argument in this case because if that was so then it should be the military personal the violence is being directed at. This is not an example of that, but rather an example of "I do not like what you have to say and I am going to engage you in fisticuffs rather than debate."

I don't think the WBC has the right to protest at funerals as they do, since I do believe funerals should be a private event that is afforded certain protections. Plus other reasons. That said, the WBC has as much right as anyone to voice an opinion. Their opinions are insanely hurtful and abhorrent, sure, but they have the right to hold and vocalize them all the same. The proper response to the WBC is to try and take legal steps to ensure they cannot protest funerals and, when encountered outside of funerals, to either ignore them or engage them in debate. There are very few situations where violence is an acceptable choice, and "I don't like what you have to say!" is not one of them.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

They are about to sign a bill in Uganda that makes homosexuality illegal and on grounds to kill people.
    There is an international petition. We've almost hit 1.5 million! SIGN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
    http://news.deviantart.com/article/150634/

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    The Ugandan Government wouldn't care if everyone in the country who wasn't a Government official signed that bill.

Also, there was a WBC protest thing at some school a bit over. There were 3 WBC people there protesting and 100+ people protesting the WBC. It's not like they need help looking stupid.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    They are about to sign a bill in Uganda that makes homosexuality illegal and on grounds to kill people.
    There is an international petition. We've almost hit 1.5 million! SIGN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
    http://news.deviantart.com/article/150634/
    There is little you can do signing a petition. Because not only the government in Uganda, but also the people who live in there believe that homosexuality should be punished, and foreigners signing a petition is pointless (sadly), and I bet that in Uganda more people are going in pro for the law that against it (again, sadly).

There is actually nothing civilizated you can do about this, you can't tell other countries which morals to follow, or how to deal with human rights (look US of A). Maybe the only way is to adopt people (adopt a gay Uganda person and you are going to save him from death).

Hahaha! this is a weird topic for me who come from a country that executes any of the "LGBT" people....

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    There is actually nothing civilizated you can do about this, you can't tell other countries which morals to follow, or how to deal with human rights (look US of A).
    Do something uncivilised, then. Invade the shit out of these oppressive countries, and I guarantee that ultimately you'd improve the life of the average citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.