Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

This is for Fenn who said:

"I am often troubled by my status as a White male. On one hand I am considered a member of the priveledged class and have certain unwritten advantages over others in areas such as job interviews and the legal process. On the other hand I at times feel looked upon with spite even though I never wished or purposely caused the inequalities between races. It's quite a conundrum. How can I contribute to racial equality when I am afraid the common response I will get from either side is "STFU whitey."?"

The solution is simple. Don't apologize for being who you are or where you came from. We all have 'certain unwritten advantages & disadvantages'. If you're sure of your own personal lack of cause in the inequalities that exist between races, then don't feel guilty about them. The best way for any of us to contribute to racial equality lies in treating each individual person as just that, an individual. Sure, we all have different characteristics that make us unique & race happens to be one of them. No need to dwell upon that one particular characteristic though.

If someone says "STFU whitey", to you...you should retort with "Hey FU you rat-batstard (or something to that effect)!" But do so with confidence & without devolving to their level. You CAN argue with another person without bringing race into it & if they do...so what? You know who you are & that's all that matters anyways."

Something I said from an old thread Cype started.

It's kind of the same argument here isn't it? Furthermore, what does race REALLY have to do with any of this? Everyone's not [INPUT RELIGIOUS BELIEF HERE] why would you use your faith here as a reason why slurs against sexual orientation are wrong or justified or whatever? I know, I know. A lot of you will find reasons to justify why I'm wrong in this (actually I misquoted some Christian doctrine earlier in this thread myself...) &, I'm not saying you can not be justified either. But this is really some backwards thinking about this issue IMO. I sure some religion give a fuck who you chose as a life partner & everyone's religion (wether the think so or otherwise) is not the end all for salvation of the soul.

I'm just saying that the use of slurs isn't justifiable by any means. Of course, I'm sure many of you disagree...and you're entitled to do so. Doesn't mean you're right though...

I've been recently label with gender identity issues. Not sure if that means I don't know my gender or a new analysis which comes to the lgbt community. I am a male btw.

I just don't understand why people are so against sexuality that differs from the norm. It's not like you're being forced to watch it or anything, people just need to mind their own business in my opinion.

Plus, what really fucking pisses me off is how a straight couple are considered more 'fit' to raise a child than gay couples are, purely because of sexual orientation. Sexual orientation shouldn't come into consideration at all.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory