Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

I have the problem that some people think I'm gay - even some of my friends. And ofcourse very few ask about that. It's irritating. Even more irritating is a guy confessing in love in front of all your classmates. Try to prove you are not gay after that. Point is that I'm not gay but I've been in situations that people think I am and I'll agree that they act a bit different (not normal). And I can see a big change in their behaviour when they learn I'm not gay. I really don't understand what the difference is. I still probably have the same characteristics that made them think I'm gay so I'm the same person but they act different just by knowing I'm not gay.

They treat gays as 'special' (be it for better or for worse) -- because less people are gay as are heterosexual.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos
    Also a lot of the people who perpetuate these homophobic laws and this culture of hatred are, themselves, closeted gays driven into semi-madness by their own denial and repression. It is not freak coincidence that so many top Republicans and top Nazis are/were closeted gays.
    This is so true it hurts my head. I still say that Hitler was a big homo.

The whole "gay characteristics" thing is somthing ive been on the fence about forever now. on one hand i dont think anyone thing or trait totally belongs to one cetain group of people and that you can say for sure who or what they are by physical appearences. On the other hand i will admit that allot of gays do tend to look like fairies (as in high cheek bones pointed faces small nose and very arched eyebrows). so i duno how to get people to stop thinking you are gay if they automaticly look at you and think "GAY". Ignore them and what they say on the matter because they are wrong and just being prejudice. Its probably not on purpose but its all the same.

Oh god guys I haven't talked to you in like years! I missed you guys, but more thread-relevantantly, I wanted to show you this.

Behold my secret stash of miraculous estrogen. I'm slowly becoming female, huzzahberries with extra cream!
    The downside is that if my parents find out there will be big, big problems.

My advice is: Don't do that! Be whoever you are - don't try to change. And if you really want to, then you should wait until you are atleast 22-25. Yes - young people don't think as a grown up - they often make mistakes and wrong conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    My advice is: Don't do that! Be whoever you are - don't try to change. And if you really want to, then you should wait until you are atleast 22-25. Yes - young people don't think as a grown up - they often make mistakes and wrong conclusions.
    A stranger on the internet knows more about what a person is going through then the person themselves apparently.

Yes you are right - I have no idea what Lucy is going through.
    Maybe you know him and as a friend you should give him the best advice. Or you're just another stranger commenting about another stranger's post.
    Going back to the topic:
    Is it a good idea to take medicine to force your body to change when you're still a kid? - I don't think so. I'm very sorry if it's disappointing to you or Lucy that I'm not supportive in this case but I can't encourage or inspire a kid to do that. Maybe someone else would do that.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ violin
    Do you think it's because you're European? Europeans act differently than Americans who's all about being macho and manly - maybe that has something to do with being mistakenly classed as gay. Another factor is being nicely dressed. There's is misconception that if a guy dresses too well, he must be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    Yes you are right - I have no idea what Lucy is going through.
    Maybe you know him and as a friend you should give him the best advice. Or you're just another stranger commenting about another stranger's post.
    Going back to the topic:
    Is it a good idea to take medicine to force your body to change when you're still a kid? - I don't think so. I'm very sorry if it's disappointing to you or Lucy that I'm not supportive in this case but I can't encourage or inspire a kid to do that. Maybe someone else would do that.
    Actually, from my understanding, it's better the younger you are when you go through with it in addition some people can tell by the time they can talk.

@rio, I don't think so because this was my experience back home. I agree that if a guy is dressed too well they think he's gay - that's same everywhere I guess. I think it could be my behaviour. I dislike the idea of acting roughly or rude just to prove how manly I can be. It's funny how most people act manly but when it's time for action they look like scared girls and let me deal with the situation. Unlike most guys I'm not interested in sports at all. And for example when I'm on the street with a group of friends and a very sexy girl walks by us - I would never comment how sexy she is. Although I couldn't help but stare. Afterall if she doesn't want people to stare at her, she won't be dressed like that