Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

Gay people, like Donkey Kong, are known for their love of throwing barrels at Italian plumbers. Duh.
    .... Are you saying what I think you're saying?

It was very fun! They must continue this project. It's an emotional thing anyone can relate too.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    There was no hidden or subtle meaning behind that statement. If you're reading that as some sort of double entendre then it was unintentional on my part. The joke was the surface meaning of the sentence - gay people are apparently Donkey Kong.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I like the monster designs. Though I feel this is a good attempt at imbuing a game with a positive LGBTQ message, I also think the way the character handles the "battles" really isn't compelling. I know you can only do so much while preserving the essence of the game itself, but most of the little 'attack blurbs' seemed kind of aggressive and childish and don't really give credit to the better arguments of pro-LGBTQ platforms.

It kinda plays the main character off as a rebellious, melodramatic teenager that is hard to take seriously. I think he/she should reflect a little more composure, to show that LGBTQ people have full confidence and pride in their beliefs.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 10-05-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    I know you can only do so much while preserving the essence of the game itself, but most of the little 'attack blurbs' seemed kind of aggressive and childish and don't really give credit to the better arguments of pro-LGBTQ platforms.

It kinda plays the main character off as a rebellious, melodramatic teenager that is hard to take seriously. I think he/she should reflect a little more composure, to show that LGBTQ people have full confidence and pride in their beliefs.
    Okay I didn't get that out of it at all.

"WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!" "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME BE WHO I AM?!" "HOW CAN YOU JUDGE ME WHEN YOUR OWN PERSONAL LIFE IS SO ROCKY?!" And the last one is supposed to be Logic, but it seems more like a personal attack to me. They seem like things a teenage daughter on a sitcom would say when her parents tell her she can't get a lip piercing. Less melodrama, more composure and confidence from the main character would make the "arguments" more effective.

That sounds exactly how teenagers talk to me

Yeah, and that's the problem. If I wanted someone to represent me, it wouldn't be a whiny teenager.

You know, the majority of your posts seem to be you complaining about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    You know, the majority of your posts seem to be you complaining about something.
    You don't understand me! you'r not my dad!!!

I agree with cyp, the dialogues are BAD. I know that a teenager talk like that, but this make the game more appealing to teenager kids than for every age.

You think whenever I have an opinion that it's complaining, Outcast. Stop complaining to me about it. Also, what the hell have you contributed to this discussion except whining about what I'm saying?
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 10-06-2011 at 10:19 PM.