Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

It's ok, there are such thing as true sterotypes.
    I'm black, I'm loud, I like fried chicken and Kool-Aid.
    It's okay <3

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    There's a whole lot of homo-eroticism in my school's theater department. Probably because it does attract of homosexuals, but also because the straight people who do the play and musical are more comfortable with their sexuality than the average heterosexual.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    There is imo a high density of gay men in fashion and make up. I would try to say perhaps its something genetic inherited by all gay men to want to go into such industrys but I hate that it's a continued stereotype that all gay men are fashionable or some kind of fashion idiot savants because we aren't. Yes you see allot of gay men in that type of store but I think its to get women shoppers to buy more because dispite just knowing they like men any woman loves to hear a man tell her she looks great in those shoes or that is her color etc. Other ones are if he's an artist or theater actor he's gay. Not true!
    Is it possible that men with fashion sense generally carry a certain negative stigma based on the desire to be "macho," and sense gay men generally seem to worry less about such stigma they are more willing to express this sense than straight men?

Just a thought.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Well what I meant is that those kinds of stores are more partial towards gay applicants because they think women are more comfortable interfacing with them, can relate to them better and that they would have more knowledge of the products.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Well what I meant is that those kinds of stores are more partial towards gay applicants because they think women are more comfortable interfacing with them, can relate to them better and that they would have more knowledge of the products.
    Oh yeah, I got that. And that's definitely true; women seem far more calm when they know the man isn't interested in them. And I can't really blame them for it, sense...not to stereotype, but many straight men DO have only one thing on their mind most of the time...

I was looking at it from the employee's perspective, not the employers, in response to Psy's quote more than yours.

Maryland just legalized gay marriage.

How dare they!

Good, progress is being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester_Of_Sorrow View Post
    How dare they!
    I know, right. hahahaha. It makes you wonder what took so long since DC legalized it in '09 and we're right smack in the middle of MD.

As a new user and queer individual myself it's awesome to see a thread like this here. Kudos to the forum.
    ~~ unapologetic queer, feminist and activist. Lazy artist, vlogger, student