Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 593

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

  1. #131
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by PWhit View Post
    It's not really revenge more than a permanent detachment from society.
    You are saying that because someone killed someone else that we should make no attempt to rehabilitate them and instead immediately answer their killing with another killing. No mercy, no chance for redemption, just answering one murder with another because our gut reaction to an evil has made us angry and full of rage.

    I struggle to think of a better example of revenge than this.

    But hey, you are free to disagree with me here and we can part ways.
    Except your views are poisonous and shared by most humans and have led to the murder of countless people. Also, on that note, you seem to forget how often states fuck up and execute people who are actually innocent.

    I agree, I wasn't really saying that we should use emotional appeal to convict others. Usually judgement is done without emotional appeal.
    As should sentencing. And if you think judgment is usually rendered without emotion you have no idea how a jury works. Trials don't determine innocence or guilt. They determine who is the most popular with the jury and who has the fanciest lawyer (which is a roundabout way of saying they determine who is the richest person).

    We can rehabilitate thieves, drug addicts and maybe sex offenders.
    Actually, a sex offender is more likely to repeat their crime than a murderer, but nothing else you've said so far has been supported by reality, so why start now I guess.

    Murderers usually look for the thrill of murder and the sadism of killing someone in a cruel way.
    This is so untrue that it would be funny were it not sad.

    True, it can be classified as an addiction but why risk the many lives at stake if the therapy fails?
    Just about any person is capable of murder and rape. Why risk the many lives at stake? Let's jut lock everyone in tiny cells at all times.

    I'm feeling lazy. Here's wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison#Rehabilitation Numbers are pretty low...
    Did you even read the article you sent me?
    When all three principles [of rehabilitation] are effectively applied, the impact on offending is a 2632% reduction, compared to a 37% increase in offending found with imprisonment alone.
    So rehabilitation is found, when properly applied, to reduce recidivism by 26-32 percent while imprisonment alone is found to actually increase the amount of repeat offenses. Oops!
    Also what country are these statistics coming from? If it's America they are useless.

    Since I am so kill crazy, okay! And let's call it Obamacare, seeing as it does state to pull the plug on grandpa or anyone else over age of over 65. It's perfect!
    Oh my God you are absolutely fucking insane, aren't you?

    Not every Muslim believes in suicidal bombing and killing in the name of their God.
    Doesn't matter. You said 'perceived' or 'potential' threats. Most Americans perceive Muslims as threats, so they qualify. Most Muslims are also physically capable of murder or rape, and thus quality as potential threats. You also said 'necessary'. Ergo the only conclusion is that America has the obligation to hunt down and imprison or murder every Muslim on Earth. Don't worry though, we've already made good progress on that goal.

    The bombers from 9/11 just so happened to be Muslims.
    There were no bombs involved in the September 11th Attacks. Don't call it a bombing.

    It would be silly to imprison every single Muslim we find. We can still, however, ensure that those select few Taliban are detained. It may require some prejudicial behavioral patterns, but it may save more than thousands of lives.
    Statistically speaking African Americans seem to be more prone to crime in America. It may require some prejudice, but to save thousands of lives, let's just throw every single one in jail, eh? Again - don't worry, we've already basically done this.

    On a side note if we caught them, would you rehabilitate these men?
    Of course not, I don't have the training to properly try and rehabilitate someone.

    They are pretty sure there is a God out there that wants them to kill infidels. With what you are saying, you say that we can cure them.
    I never said we can cure them all. I said that we can cure some. If only one criminal per every million could be cured, that's still better rates of success than just murdering them all. The odds of rehabilitating any one person are, however slim, greater than zero. The odds of rehabilitating the corpse of a criminal are exactly zero.

    Very debatable, I must say. That really is up to whoever is judging the person and whatever the circumstance is and what prison that hosts the felon. If the prison is a real second Aushwitz, sure why not?
    Are - are you fucking seriously saying that criminals should be tortured in Auschwitz like conditions? Is - is this what you're saying? If so, congratulations, I think you are the most revolting human being I have ever had the displeasure of personally engaging in any sort of exchange with. Remember that I've spoken to people in Psalm who argued for slavery, genocide, and more, so congratulations, you've really done something amazing.

    Life in prison. If it's not, then death penalty. I don't consider criminals really people than dangerous threats to society.
    Oh, I see, so you are a total fucking monster. Congratulations, you're filth.

    I'll admit, Texas is not the brightest bulb on the U.S. and the U.S. is not the best model of society to look at either. But there are other countries out there that have a high crime rate. What about Africa? That's a pretty high crime rate there too.
    Africa is not a country you idiot.

    Some implement the death penalty and have a low crime rate, some are like the U.S. Some even don't have a high crime rate anyway.
    Please show me compelling evidence illustrating a potential causal link between the implementation of a death penalty and a drop in recidivism.
    Also, martial law would help lower the crime rate too. I imagine North Korea has a low crime rate.

    Cite this, please.
    http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/stud...t-deter-murder
    Real quick took me a second on Google. I'd get you more or better ones, but first of all I don't think someone like you is remotely worth spending that much time on, and second I'm not feeling too well so even if I didn't have an absurdly low opinion of you, I'd be too tired to do it right now.

    What do you suggest we do with murderes? Kill them? No... that would be cruel to the people who kill others cruelly!
    You're right. Becoming cruel murderers in response to cruel murder is totally the rational and moral response.
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster."

    LOL STRAW-MANNING!!
    Nice response.

    Quote Originally Posted by PWhit View Post
    You can all vilify me if you want, I'm saying most prisoners are monsters and threats to the people. Key word most. You are entitled to disagree with me.
    I'm not vilifying you. Your odious and insane beliefs are doing that for you far better than I ever could or would.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  2. #132
    Regular Member Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    222
    This woman needed a FAR longer sentence than she received, but I think killing her is a step too far. If we allow ourselves the sort of rage which caused her to kill a man, then we lower ourselves to her level, and additionally any positive contribution she could have to society is prevented. Suppose she does it again? Then I'd consider killing her. As it stands, she is a wretched human being, but a human being nonetheless. As far as I understand it, the justice system is about the betterment of humanity. Killing someone who could be reformed into a positive influence does not sound like the betterment of humanity to me.

    PS: This has veered dangerously off the LGBT thread's topic. Might I suggest starting a thread on ethics wherein we may fight to the death over our moralistic viewpoints?

  3. #133
    Senior Member PWhit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Go Away, China.
    Posts
    459
    Note: You may discuss something new, you do not need to read this. It is only a public note to Kodos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    As should sentencing. And if you think judgment is usually rendered without emotion you have no idea how a jury works. Trials don't determine innocence or guilt. They determine who is the most popular with the jury and who has the fanciest lawyer (which is a roundabout way of saying they determine who is the richest person).
    You're so funny, you act like you're my Science and Contemporary Issues Teacher, when you clearly have no authority to claim my lack of intelligence, even though I have A's in those classes... Arrogant much?

    Actually, a sex offender is more likely to repeat their crime than a murderer, but nothing else you've said so far has been supported by reality, so why start now I guess.
    Well I'll throw up my arms and say "I give up!" just for you then!

    This is so untrue that it would be funny were it not sad.
    Except it is. I dunno, I'm surrounded by reports everyday that state otherwise, but hell! There's no point convincing you, why do I bother?

    Just about any person is capable of murder and rape. Why risk the many lives at stake? Let's jut lock everyone in tiny cells at all times.
    Murderers... not thieves, not rapists. Tried and convicted murderers. Perhaps I wasn't specific.

    Also what country are these statistics coming from? If it's America they are useless.
    It's okay to be skeptical about the American media, you're just overdoing it.

    Oh my God you are absolutely fucking insane, aren't you?
    I tend to make that impression on liberals sometimes.

    Doesn't matter. You said 'perceived' or 'potential' threats. Most Americans perceive Muslims as threats, so they qualify. Most Muslims are also physically capable of murder or rape, and thus quality as potential threats. You also said 'necessary'. Ergo the only conclusion is that America has the obligation to hunt down and imprison or murder every Muslim on Earth. Don't worry though, we've already made good progress on that goal.
    But DO THEY? No, they don't kill every Muslim on Earth.

    There were no bombs involved in the September 11th Attacks. Don't call it a bombing.
    Fine I'll call it: The voluntary deliberate flying into a building that creates an explosive magnitude... wait that's like saying a suicidal bombing isn't it? We're in a predicament here.

    Statistically speaking African Americans seem to be more prone to crime in America. It may require some prejudice, but to save thousands of lives, let's just throw every single one in jail, eh? Again - don't worry, we've already basically done this.
    You're missing a sentence that actually connects how it would even make any sense at all.

    Of course not, I don't have the training to properly try and rehabilitate someone.
    I'm not even going to state how literal to the text you are.

    I never said we can cure them all. I said that we can cure some. If only one criminal per every million could be cured, that's still better rates of success than just murdering them all. The odds of rehabilitating any one person are, however slim, greater than zero.
    Then perhaps I misread something. I thought it was implied that rates were higher. For that, I am sorry.

    Are - are you fucking seriously saying that criminals should be tortured in Auschwitz like conditions?
    Proven to work. If it doesn't put em' down. (Worded for your reading pleasure.)

    If so, congratulations, I think you are the most revolting human being I have ever had the displeasure of personally engaging in any sort of exchange with.
    Hey, I could say the same for you on some accounts. You mad bro?

    Remember that I've spoken to people in Psalm who argued for slavery, genocide, and more, so congratulations, you've really done something amazing. ... Oh, I see, so you are a total fucking monster. Congratulations, you're filth.
    Not the worst I've been called. And yeah I totally deserve it for what I wrote down, but do I regret it? Nope. Prisoners, mainly murderers, are monsters and dangerous people that do worse things that I care not to mention. Yes they do deserve death or death in life. If you would like to rehab them, I'm not stopping you. I just favor death penalty over it. Sorry your highness!

    Africa is not a country you idiot.
    Picking on the little errors, flaming, spewing out arrogance and calling me evil makes you the BIG MAN doesn't it?

    Please show me compelling evidence illustrating a potential causal link between the implementation of a death penalty and a drop in recidivism.
    Why should I bother? You'll call me a monster anyway even though we probably share commonalities on other issues. Plus, we both are driving this off-topic.

    http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/stud...t-deter-murder
    Real quick took me a second on Google. I'd get you more or better ones, but first of all I don't think someone like you is remotely worth spending that much time on, and second I'm not feeling too well so even if I didn't have an absurdly low opinion of you, I'd be too tired to do it right now.
    So you think because I defend an unpopular idea makes me less of a person than you are. You're dripping and screaming of arrogance, you know that?

    I'm not vilifying you. Your odious and insane beliefs are doing that for you far better than I ever could or would.
    This is literally the second time I had disagreed with you or a common belief and yet again, decide to engulf me with flaming like it's your job. Congratulations, you have monopolized general discussion somehow and shooed me off! You are free to reply, I highly doubt I will read it.

    I am done driving this off topic more than it already is, this is accomplishing nothing for either of us.

  4. #134
    Fifty Fifty Member Evil_Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Z'ha'dum
    Posts
    5,344
    So you think because I defend an unpopular idea makes me less of a person than you are.
    u know u said concentration camps are useful right

  5. #135
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    u know u said concentration camps are useful right
    I think he is a hipster.

  6. #136
    101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I think he is a hipster.
    A hipster hitler.

  7. #137
    Moderator Psy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Posts
    1,330
    PWhit. . . I will agree that prison is not doing much to fix the crimes that the convicts have commited but nothing will ever do that. Not killing them. Not torturing them. Nothing. If you kill a killer you are just as bad as he is but worse because you are justifying it as "The right thing to do" when its not. When some one is killed it hurts an entire family so why would we double that by killing the killer. You say they are monsters because they kill rape and whatever without emotion yet you are saying that you could take their lives and it would make everything better. How does that not make you a monster yourself? Only a monster would think "This world would be better without this person. No one will miss them. They will thank me for doing this.".
    I dont think you are a monster but i do think you are very misguided. Misguided like some of these killers and rapists are. Some people really just are not taught that certain things are bad. Its not their fault that they didnt know but that doesnt mean we shouldnt punish them in a way to correct their ways and teach them what they did was wrong.

    You cant take back an action. Nothing you ever do will fix it but actions can be forgiven by others.


    Allso (NOTE: This one is a bit of a double edged sword.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBestGayNewsMagazine.com
    A recent survey supposedly showing that Catholics are increasingly supportive of homosexual marriage was actually funded in part by a homosexual activist group.
    Read full story at The Best gay News .com

  8. #138
    Senior Member Aether's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    477
    That hipster Hitler thing is amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    PWhit. . . I will agree that prison is not doing much to fix the crimes that the convicts have commited but nothing will ever do that.
    Yeah. Just send them to a remote, "unoccupied" country to create a settlement.

    If you kill a killer you are just as bad as he is but worse because you are justifying it as "The right thing to do" when its not.
    I believe in an eye for an eye, personally.

    When some one is killed it hurts an entire family so why would we double that by killing the killer.
    Well, the murderer's family finding out hurts them too.

    You say they are monsters because they kill rape and whatever without emotion yet you are saying that you could take their lives and it would make everything better.
    Actually, a lot of crimes like this are crimes of passion and/or extreme emotion.

    How does that not make you a monster yourself? Only a monster would think "This world would be better without this person. No one will miss them. They will thank me for doing this.".
    Quite the contrary, I think people who want to keep scum like that alive give criminals a chance to harm others. But then again, people can change. However, this isn't how I think it should go down. Proper rehabilitation should be conducted instead of this half assed confining that the state does.

    I dont think you are a monster but i do think you are very misguided. Misguided like some of these killers and rapists are.
    Lol, a murderer or rapist isn't misguided. They choose to commit these deeds. Also, Pwhit isn't misguided like killers and rapists. Just stupid.

    Some people really just are not taught that certain things are bad. Its not their fault that they didnt know but that doesnt mean we shouldnt punish them in a way to correct their ways and teach them what they did was wrong.
    Lol, no. People know what they are doing. Why would they go to such lengths to hide what they did if they didn't know.

    You cant take back an action. Nothing you ever do will fix it but actions can be forgiven by others.
    But you are comparing him to criminals for a thought. Thoughts aren't incriminating, actions are.

    By the way, sup Psy.
    Last edited by Aether; 04-06-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    44
    So I went crossdressing outside for the first time 5 minutes ago. Walked a mile at night, yay!

  10. #140
    Regular Member Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamdrank View Post
    So I went crossdressing outside for the first time 5 minutes ago. Walked a mile at night, yay!
    Congratulations and high fives! How does it feel being free? Similarly, I'm wearing a dress to college today because it's my birthday and I can't be bothered with being a guy today, I'll tell you all how it goes when I get back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •