Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQ! Why so many anti gay slurs? NSFW/K

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    But everyone is different. We are humans but even among the straight folk there is not really a normal anything besides liking the opposite sex anyone fallows. I personally feel that the parades and festivals are to come together straight and lgbtq and stand against the prejudice publicly (rather than individually and silently). A closed mouth never gets fed or in other words if you don't say something you will never get why you want. We want equality and the right to be who we are without hiding it or fearing retaliation for letting our orientation be known.

It seriously is scary being a kid growing up gay and having to keep yourself in check so that no one finds out or confirms that you are gay. It shows sometimes and the teasing that it causes is bad enough to make anyone hide or feel so hopeless that suicide becomes a real option.
    Edit: speaking of which!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHuffintonpost.com
    A gay Ohio teen remains in critical condition after attempting suicide by overdosing on prescription medication.
    As local ABC news affilate 33 WYTZ reports, 15-year-old Austin Rodriguez collapsed on the floor of his Wellsville home after allegedly taking more than 120 pills of his own medication late last week. "The night before this happened he said that we didn't know what was going on in his personal life, and we let him know that we were more than willing to listen to anything that he had to say," Rodriguez's mother Bonnie, adding that her openly gay son was a victim of bullying. "Until friends came out of the woodwork saying, 'We knew Austin was going through this, we thought he was handling it a lot better, we didn't know what to do.'"
    read the full article here

Edit edit: also read this
    st.Petersburg adopts new law banning gay "propaganda" saying it will Protect children from "information manipulation promoting sodomy"
    Last edited by Psy; 03-24-2012 at 03:52 AM.

I don't like the fact that people are scared of being themselves, I really don't. But to me that example I gave is somewhat counter productive.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I'm too tired to write something more eloquent at the moment, but while I do feel that social justice activists engage in a lot of hypocritical and outright prejudiced behavior that is extremely detrimental to their noble causes and demonstrates a stunning lack of introspection on their part, gay pride parades and stuff like that are hardly examples of this.

I said it once before in an older incarnation of this thread and it is worth repeating. When being gay is something that brings with it the threat of social stigmatization or outright physical harm, gay people show considerable bravery in simply having the guts to come out and say "hey, I'm gay." Thus the act of saying your gay is something praise-worthy and worthy of support in a way that saying "I'm Irish!" or "I like cookies!" is not. Also the Conservatives don't merely have a problem with gay people marrying, they have a problem with gay people existing so it's important that gays band together as a group and say "hey, fuckheads, we exist."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

@kodos:*applause*

Something I found on tumblr, and think as many people as possible should read:

http://cognitivedissonance.tumblr.co...atter-of-pride

It's pretty awe-inspiring.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Marvel Comic's made a splash* in 1992 when one of its beloved charters declared "I am gay."

Twenty years later*- in "Astonishing X-Men," issue 50 set to hit stores on Wednesday - *Northstar will propose to* longtime boyfriend Kyle. The two are set to marry in June.

Marvel and rival DC Entertainment have focused on bringing a more realistic flavor to its characters. DC recently announced that it would relaunch one of its major characters as gay in June. Marvel* introduced Miles Morales, the first half -black ,half -Hispanic Spider-Man last year.

Marvel made the announcement this morning on "The View" on ABC, but it has been the subject of fan speculation for some time.

Axel Alonso, the editor in chief of Marvel Entertainment, *said the storyline was developed around the time New York state legalized gay marriage in June 2011.

"The Marvel Universe has always reflected the world outside your window, so we strive to make sure our characters, relationships and stories are grounded in reality," Alonso said.

In the issue, Northstar makes his intentions known to Kyle in New York's Bryant Park, a very public place for these very private people.

"Well, private enough for a mutant celebrity - having such a public, life-changing discussion," said Marjorie Liu, who wrote the issue.

The scene shows Northstar out of costume and down on one knee with a ring in hand discussing some of* what they've*gone through*as a superhero couple.

The cover of next month's Astonishing X-Men issue 51 includes an all-star cast for Northstar's and Kyle's ceremony.

"Yes, there will be some fun guests at the wedding, but not everyone will accept the invitation," Liu said.

"DC and Marvel are recognizing that there is an LGBT audience that has been reading their comics for years," said Matt Kane, associate director of entertainment and media for GLAAD.

DC's most prominent gay characters include Batwoman, who has her own series; Apollo and Midnighter, who appear in Stormwatch; and Bunker, a member of Teen Titans.

Aside from its being socially relevant - the addition of a gay characters makes good business sense.

Archie Comics introduced a gay character in 2010, which turned out to be a hit for the company. There was even a gay wedding in Riverdale in 2011.

"They are recognizing how the world is evolving," said Kane.
    Aww how progressive.
    http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=16408446
    Last edited by Psy; 05-22-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Half black, half mexican gay spiderman?
    "We don't discriminate"

Ugh Ultimate Spiderman.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Yeah. Ugh. Ultimate Spiderman. How dare an imprint designed to explore new ideas and take old characters and ideas in new and exotic directions decide to explore new ideas and take old characters and ideas in new and exotic directions!

I could see objecting if Marvel-616 suddenly replaced Peter Parker with, well, anyone else. But the only two reasons to object to Ultimate Spiderman being Miles Morales rather than Peter Parker are racism and/or a gross misunderstanding of what the whole point of the Ultimate imprint is.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I just prefer new characters.