Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bya's stuff: I'm not dead..yet - Fail Watercolour or is it Watercolor?

aaaah these are so awesome ;a;

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I love the colors you were using. Kinda messy though... D:

Awwww thanks guys... ill try being cleaner it really helps being clean ... ;A;

OHWELL guys WIP watercolour.... im wondering how to watercolour the hair...

and yeah i need to finish the lips stil because they bled T^T and i just saw a skin stain any tips getting those better?

and PLEASE ANY TIPS HAIRCOLOURING IT... i have no idea how to do it really... also just that im not dead yet

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Heeey, that's much better than any watercolor face I've ever done! (And I'm serious, OTL!) But if you're having problems with bleeding, add your shades in layers, letting each layer dry by air or hair dryer in between. It looks like your shading is hugging the lineart, though. Try to break away from the lines and don't be afraid to add darker values to places that aren't defined by line. And I also like the bleedy style of the lips, actually. I know it was an accident, but I like it.

Btw, what kind of paper are you using?

yeah i really wanted to put darker shades but i was so afraid, but since its dry now i could still add hard shades.... and THANK YOU.

well imnot sure what to do with the bleeding but i went with pencil over it again since im thinking to add a darker watercolour lineart like in dark brown ... and maybe with that less hard shading since the line art will probably be like pure watercolour lol? . so the pencil is just for defining it before i forget what it looks like loool... So do you think i should add another layer on this dry watercolour with hard shades? .. for the lips since you like the bleeding i think ill just define it with some dark pink .

This paper is Winsor And Newton Watercolour gummed. dries swuper fast...

BTW i used watercolouring mask on the hair and eyes and bit on lip (wish i didnt did that one on the lip) because one time i was practicing i cant stop it going on the hair but i was using cheap watercolour paper atm so i dunno,
    i feel like a cheat now XD...

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Oh, yeah, I think just one last layer will really seal the deal on this. Just be careful of overworking the paper with too many layers. You can tell if you've done this if the paper starts to ball up and break down into little pieces. I have a bad tendency to do that. XD

Don't be afraid to branch out with watercolor into multimedia! Most watercolor artists actually also use markers and acrylic paint to finish off details (sparkles, highlights, lineart) in their work. What you're doing is perfectly fine! And mask is just another tool of the trade and is a good method to incorporate. (I also like that you used the masked highlight on the lips!)

You said in your earlier post that you wanted help with the hair. I would suggest no mask for this. Put your first wash down in a very light tone and cover the whole head of hair. Then do another soft-edged layer in a darker tone to sort of define the shadows. Then go back with a harder brush and use hard-lined layers to build the final shadows. If you'd like me to explain with a picture, I'd be happy to help.

ooh thanks... i was planning on masking but then i thought that was going to be hard to get the mask really so i get the good hardness of the light... D: ... yeaaah... i think i get what you are saying.... ill try thankyou. THANK YOU.

Uhm before i got watercolour paint id use acrylic mixed with water... xD.. i havent tried them together really.. my mind cant handle it lol :P,, yeah im thinking of using nail polish remover in my next drawing... i do have some markers i wonder if they have a different effect on watercolour paper.. hmm... i guess i should just try it out with practice instead of freaking out so soon xD... heh..

*O* BYA, it's so great. You're so great. I'd just recommend using a LITTLE bit
    less colour, it'll help with the ragged edges of the paint :L
    or, you can smooth those edges before they dry...so you don't have
    the outlines of different colours.
    >^< I can't wait to see this finisheddddd :}}
    ****ohand. My favourite effect is with a bit of rubbing alcohol ;o
    but you know that already :}

A couple of pointers

1. The back needs to face more to us. All the weight is on the left arm, this would cause the right shoulder to twist more.

2. One leg is straight while the other is bent. The left hip should be closer to the wall because how high the straight leg is (but not by much).

3. If you apply the twists based on the first to points I made, the body is going to have an accordion effect. So if you are going to redo that picture, take that in consideration.

Banned
    2ND DRAWING IS AWESOME!