Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comipo?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    It depends on what you're looking for. It seems like ComiPo is more aimed for the artistically-impaired manga creators out there but yes, in the long run, it would be best to just stick with Manga Studio if you draw your own work.

Re: video>> Not sure but who knows? Maybe they only had time to show the 3D elements. Anyways, I'll wait till the English version is out to pass judgement. There's only so much that you can know with just reading details about it.

I was able to download a Trial version (in Japanese ) from here:
    http://www.comipo.com/evaluate/index.html
    You can scroll down to the Red Download button.

I've installed - by pressing buttons I don't know what they mean. It looks like the trial version has only several assets included. The program doesn't look like something complicated. The UI is super easy - I was able to do something given the fact it's not in English. There is a toolbar on the left with categories: Frames, 3D Characters, 3D Objects, 2D backgrounds, Text Baloons, Speed lines and user menu(it acrually says User in English ). The program is using DirectX - so Windows only. It's nicely done. You just drag and drop the character as shown on the video. Everything is drag and drop and then altering. I've drop a female characher changed her mood to happy, added an umbreal, rotated her abit, added a text balloon , a backgound and speed lines in just 2-3 minutes. It was fun - but you feel alot limited. There are alot of poses and the fact that objects and charactes are 3D and can be rotated gives you some freedom. Rendering is very well done. They look like 2D drawings - that's nice. There are no drawing abilities. Or atleast I could find any. But the interface was so easy that I don't think I've missed that.

As I said everything is drag and drop. Even the frames. Everthing is included as a layer and can be roated, zoomed etc. You could propably use this program to include your pictures and arrange them in the frames, add backfround , balloons etc.

Here is a pic of what I did:

I can post some screenshots of the interface but it looks just like on the video.

Recommendation: Put the character more in the center (rule of thirds).

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    That sounds pretty cool, violin! But I guess it's not for those of us who can actually draw. In the end, you will be limited to what the software offers. Also, iirc, you can use the results for commercial purposes just as long as you do not use the characters themselves.

All I see are fucking squares >:\
    Damn downgraded school comps...