Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comipo?

101 Dalmations Member

Talking Comipo?

What is Comipo?
    I was reading a Otaku Usa Maganize and i saw this software for drawing mangas or something...the site is http://www.comipo.com
    Its translated in Japanese.

I'm going to answer this.

Comí in spanish mean Ate, is the past of Eat. And Po or 'Po, is a chilenism used in here that has no meaning. So is Comí'po.

101 Dalmations Member
    No...go to the site...its a drawing software...for manga comics...I never heard of it until now.

Hey, hey, hey... I'm the one who know spanish, don't come here trying to teach ME.

I can't read anything. Looks like a software where you create manga by drag and drop of premade sets and images. Not sure because I don't know Japanese

Google Translator to the rescue!

(or at least... what it could translate!)

As I found the parts that could be translated into English, you're absolutely correct about making comics. The problem appears to be that it makes the characters and places for you when I was reading the update diaries. It may give interchangeable hairstyles, eye sets and other positions of the body, but it doesn't look like it would allow original genuine artwork.

101 Dalmations Member
    Oh really...so it doesnt let you create your own manga..just the characters

So it's kind of "doll" software?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    It's a manga creation software. What's different about it is that it has pre-rendered characters, backgrounds, and other items you can drag and drop into your panels. Anyways, I've talked about it in the blog here so you can check out more about it here.

Thank you for the blog post and the video rio. Looks like a nice software for non artists like me. Or for artist that want ot create their model once in 3D and then just tweek it and produce manga faster. However in your blog you said that it "have the usual tones, panels, and drawing abilities found it Manga Studio". Didn't looked like that it has the same drawing abilities from the video and if it had why didn't they mentioned it. Looks like most chacaters and assets are 3D models in different poses and then you just rotate them around. Not saying it's bad but I think Manga Studio looks far better. You can always do 3D models tweak them in your modeling software and export to Manga Studio.